How do i do my bike test ?

Guest YoungGun96

hi guys and girls wonder if anyone of you can help me ?

i currently have my cbt but im turning 18 this year in september what is the best way for me to do my full bike test and what size bike can i ride up to ?

cheers

Young Gun

Unfortunately you can't move up from a 125 until you're 19 mate.....then you can do the A2 test and ride a bike limited to 47bhp. The present rules have been in place for about 18 months now..... :(

Unfortunately you can't move up from a 125 until you're 19 mate.....then you can do the A2 test and ride a bike limited to 47bhp. The present rules have been in place for about 18 months now..... :(

so the best bet is to take cbt again so i can ride my 125 then when 19 do my a2 ?

Yeah, go for that. Doing your test now means you just get to stay on a 125. Do your A2 at 19 and then the 2 year countdown starts until you can do your full test.

You could do your A1 licence now, but the only benefit would be you can take a passenger / go on motorways and you wouldn't have to do CBT or Theory test again as they both expire. When you step up through A2 and A licences you would then just take the Mod 1 & Mod 2 on the appropriate sized bike when you hit the correct age. No need to do Theory at all unless you intend to do a Mod 1 test.

Certainly the A2 is worth doing as soon as you get to 19 though as 2 years after passing that you can do the A licence which you would otherwise have to wait until you are 24 before you can take.