200CC registered as 125

iDeLonge

Someone will slate me for asking this, but what'll happen if I get a bike that is registered as a 125 but is a 200cc?

Only decent model of the bike I want that's been on sale in my area. Been looking for a while, the Kawasaki KMX 125 is really hard to get hold of.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1070399228

Not messaged or gone to look at it yet, so the bike could be gone, but just for future reference.

Insurance companies look into it?

May as well not bother buying insurance as it would be invalid.

Then when you get pulled over and the bike gets confiscated and they take it apart to see its not a 125, you get done for riding with no licence.

Its just not worth the risk.

:stupid:

As Joeman said...

They wouldn't be able to tell if they pulled you over, I don't think. If you had an accident, the bike would be inspected thoroughly and the consequences are above :)

further to this, it's previously been owned by a chavved scrote who's rinsed the bollox off it. it's either a new lump, or modified to the point of breaking. either way, it's bound to have a chequered past.

Walk away!

As Joeman said...

They wouldn't be able to tell if they pulled you over, I don't think. If you had an accident, the bike would be inspected thoroughly and the consequences are above :)

the engine cc is clearly stamped on the barrel for everyone to see so any copper with any bike know how would spot it and thats your licence gone due to no insurance no licence for that size bike and in any accident insuance would be void as well so like others said might as well not have any

As Joeman said...

the engine cc is clearly stamped on the barrel for everyone to see so any copper with any bike know how would spot it and thats your licence gone due to no insurance no licence for that size bike and in any accident insuance would be void as well so like others said might as well not have any

I see... Could it not be a "big bore" kit instead of a completely new engine, as it does say "kit" in the ad?

I take it back then :)

Buy it, crash it, insurers will walk away, you'll be left to foot the bill for any damage which can be ££££'s plus solicitors fees again more ££££'s plus you'll be left without a bike, and you'll get points from the police for not driving in accordance to your licence, and driving without insurance, and a hefty fine will come along with them as well.

So go for it, what have you got to lose?

6 points for driving with no insurance, and 3-6 for driving with no licence. A potential ban isn't worth it, I've been banned from driving before, it's really not fun, a stupid mistake and buses are flavour of the year. Plus think about the increase to your insurance premiums.

It may be quicker than a 125, but it's an enduro bike, so although not as close ratio a gear box as a crosser, it won't be geared for the road. Plus knobbly tyres, not designed for road use, just a compromise to make them road legal. I very much doubt it would be that much quicker than a standard 125 on road tyres in the real world. To echo what's been said a million times before, get a jap 125, ride it around for a year, then take your test and get something better.

It's the route everyone has to go down, your not alone in wanting a better bike, but you should not take your licence for granted, you never know when you might need it. I had to go through the embarrassment of disclosing my endorsements to my current employer, when I didn't even know them, they don't know you from Adam. From their perspective, why would they take a chance on someone who has that blemish when there's hundreds of people who don't. Luckily I fit all the other criteria they were looking for, and offered to pay the difference it made to their insurance, which in the end was only £100, but I'm not 17 and I've had my car licence nearly 10 years.

dont forget you can only get 6 points in the first 2 years of having your full licence before you get a 6 month ban and have to retake any tests you have already passed so the question is ...............is a few cc and a few mph extra worth the risk in my opinion no its not but at the end of the day its your choice