On my way

Guest rooney87

On Saturday I completed my cbt without a hitch. On a whim I thought I'd have a look at dates for the theory test. There was an opening the following day so I thought it's worth a try. Passed that and booked my first lesson on a big bike.

I'm hoping to have 1 or 2 lessons before my module 1 but the first opening is next month :(

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of other who have gone down the route of lessons rather than DAS and how quick they picked it up

lessons working towards a big bike licence and DAS are the same thing....DAS means direct access scheme, and refers to access to a 'big' bike licence.

many people confuse DAS with 'intensive course' , which is obviously the shortest fastest scheme , but many people also spread their lessons over however long it takes at times to suit them.

Well done on the pass matey! I've not done the intensive course, i just did lessons over time but if i had to do it all again i'd do the intensive course as i would be on the road quicker.

I did an hour lesson a week rather than the intensive course. Much preferred doing it that way as I had the week to practice what I'd been taught rather than pay the instructor to sit having a fag watching me wobble round the site :)

Meant there was no pressure either, put in for the tests when I was ready rather than having the test date and having to be ready by then whether I was ready or not.

I had 2 or 3 lessons on site on the 125

5 or 6 on the road on the 125 until they'd covered everything when I was then presented with the choice of doing the test on the 125 (old licence laws) or doing DAS and then going onto the 500

2 lessons on site on the 500

2 or 3 on the road on the 500

2 learning all the bits for mod 1

1 doing a complete mock mod 1

Then we put in for mod 1 and I went and passed it.

2 or 3 more on the road/mock mod 2 before the test.

Passed both first time because I didn't put in for them until I was ready and I was comfortable to do so. The worry for me would be with the week's intensive course you've got the tests on Friday and that's always looming. If you're not ready you either fail it and lose your money or don't go and lose your money.