Crashed my intruder and need a mechanic

Guest nickhughes

Hi there :o)

I crashed my suzuki 125 intruder in september and the guy who was going to fix it still hasnt. It needs a new front end but also it wont start and im not sure why. I need a mechanic in/around the london/surrey area who I can bring the bike to to have a look at, then i can source the spares you tell me i need, and then i can pay you for the labour...

Would anyone be interested in helping me? I want to get it ready for spring/summer

hopefully someone out there can help! :o)

haha it's easy for you to say! i think I can replace the fork myself, it's just when it comes to the electrics. theres not much to show?

It all depends on what you mean by electrics, if you tore an indicator off then a new one would just plug straight in, or it'd only be two wires anyway. Infact, unless your intending on completely rewiring the bike with new wire then I can't see it being too tricky.

if you have ripped the loom apart its simply a matter of re joining the wires which they are colour coded and not always get 2 wires the same in one part of the loom

could be fairly simple

all i know is that after the crash when i turn the key, no power goes anywhere. ill get it from haslemere this weekend if i can and take some pics. cheers everyone

all i know is that after the crash when i turn the key, no power goes anywhere. ill get it from haslemere this weekend if i can and take some pics. cheers everyone

In this case then, I'd look where the damaged occurred and see if you can see a wire disconected or snapped, if you can't find one there then turn the ignition on and wiggle all the wires you can see, hopefully at some point you'll see the ignition turn on for a second, then you'll know where the damaged wire is. Before you do this though, check to see the main fuse hasn't broke!

One more thing, if your ingnition was left on when you crashed then I guess you might even have a flat battery.

As Voodoo says Id put money on theres nowt wrong with your eleccys just need a new battery.

Calm down dear, we can do this honest. I had the single cylinder version of yours and it wont be rocket science to fix, really need piccies to help.

New forks? Im sure I read an ad where you can send yours in to get fixed, will have a look.

All depends on the severity of damage but we can get it back in one piece no worries.

Like a challenge 8)

its all easy just get started on it take decent pics and post questions simple

theres loads of peeps on here who can give good advice and better advice with pics :wink:

Stumster is right ...

Get a Haynes manual too...

Be methodical, do one bit at time ...

There's a great mobile bike-sparkie who advertises in the ClassicBike and ClassicBike Guide mags - can't remember exactly, "somebody's Electrickery" is how its worded ...

And if you get stuck, take it up to Hull, put it on Stu_m's front-step, ring the bell and RUN! ....

............................ Well .. it's what they used to do with babies innit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

........ Well ... not always on Stum's front step ... but in his youf he might have been a bit of a "dirty dawg" you never know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

........ Well ... not always on Stum's front step ... but in his youf he might have been a bit of a "dirty dawg" you never know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in his youth!!!!!

im only bloody 26 you cheecky twat since when did i become old :shock: :? :shock: :hammer: :shh: :hitfan: :beer2:

in his youth!!!!!

im only bloody 26 you cheecky twohat since when did i become old :shock: :? :shock: :hammer: :shh: :hitfan: :beer2:

Ahhhh ... but you're settled down now ...

You've got doggies and everyfink!

So technically, you're 43 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: