Why Me !!??

Chrissb6

16 mths ago the auto gearbox on my BMW530d let go resulting in £2000.00 repair bill. The garage offered 12,000 mile - 12mths warranty on the repair. During the warranty period l took the car back to the garage no less than 4 times complaining that all was not well with the gearbox. Being mechanical minded I identified and told them that there was a problem with the torque converter when it was coming in and out of lockup from top gear, The garage said don't worry we will look after you! They said on all the occasions after it went back that they had fixed it. The other week whilst setting off for work in Scotland the gearbox let go completely and had to be recovered and taken back to the garage. The garage today have rang me to say the torque converter has let go and destroyed the gearbox. There torque converter supplier will not play ball because the torque converter is now out of warranty. So the garage now want me to contribute 50% towards the cost of the repair "Me not happy" I think this might get a little bit messy. Any ideas where l might stand on this anybody??

That will be my argument, the fault was brought to there attention inside the warranty period, obviously to check the torque converter they would have had to remove and strip the gearbox which would have cost them time and money. They changed the bank of solenoids and everything within easy reach. The fault only raised its head when running at motorway speeds or when under high loads.

I just hate confrontation