Lucky Break

A40man

Wife at her mothers - 200 miles away

Kids all elsewhere, one in australia and the other two at uni

just me and the dog

set off to take the dog out and oops, i've locked myself out, - spare key in the shed doesn't work because there is a key already in the lock inside

no neighbours around so I prize off the patio door, what a job! I heard that burglars do that and it gave me the idea, anyway it's all back together

used a spade to lever the door together with some bricks, not that easy but did it, thought i was going to be living in the shed for a while there :(

Haha nice one. Very satisfying stuff like that..

We've got a load of pikey travellers passing through Sevenoaks at the moment. A friend's house was done over last week in the 20mins it took her to walk the dogs.

Sevenoaks is a pretty low crime area, but can't be too careful so I've got onto my mate who works for ADT and had a complete ADT alarm system installed at "mates rates".

As has been said, if you can break in without damage and without raising any alarm, you can be pretty sure a pro could do it in half the time...

My neighbour came around the other morning to see if I had a key that might fit her shed. I didn't, but was able to remove the 9 screws holding to door on in less than 2 minutes with my drill/driver. She was ever so greatfull as she could then cut her grass.

Does kind of make you wonder what the point is in having a lock if it's that easy to circumvent.

Should have called the locksmiths! They'd have had you in within seconds.

I've picked someones lock before when they got locked out, their back door was one of those old glass sliding ones. Nice and easy.

Shouldn't shock you to learn I'm from Manchester and come with that skill set :lol: