Oxford Clothing - Opinions Please

Thinking about getting a new jacket as the old one is looking a bit threadbare...

Anyone tried Oxford brand gear before? Their Montreal 2.0 jacket looks pretty sweet and I'm very tempted. Particularly keen to know just how waterproof they are...

http://images.esellerpro.com/2189/I/158/699/lrgscale11374-Oxford-Montreal-2.0-Mens-Mid-Motorcycle-Jacket-Desert-1600-0.jpg

http://www.ghostbikes.com/11374-oxford-montreal-2.0-motorcycle-jacket.html#var1=Desert&var2=L

Thinking about getting a new jacket as the old one is looking a bit threadbare...

Anyone tried Oxford brand gear before? Their Montreal 2.0 jacket looks pretty sweet and I'm very tempted. Particularly keen to know just how waterproof they are...

http://images.esellerpro.com/2189/I/158/699/lrgscale11374-Oxford-Montreal-2.0-Mens-Mid-Motorcycle-Jacket-Desert-1600-0.jpg

http://www.ghostbikes.com/11374-oxford-montreal-2.0-motorcycle-jacket.html#var1=Desert&var2=L

Ollie I bought one for my recent Scotland trip during the return journey it proper honked it down & I'd misjudged my gear so I only had on the jacket above ( the exact same ) with it's fleece liner & an Aldi cheapass baselayer that I think works well & I didn't get wet or cold until about 100 miles, the only wet was down my collar, but then I hadn't deployed the jackets neat under helmet hood, & cold as I should have had another layer on, but that's not Oxfords fault. I'd rate it very good & keenly priced :cheers:

Mixed feelings to Oxford. I have a jacket and trousers that have remained waterproof (trousers are actually branded "roxter" but it's the same company), however I've also formerly had 2 other jackets that didn't. Also the design of the current one I have is crap, pockets are not well placed/sized, cuffs are annoyingly small, making pulling them over gloves a pain in the backside.

Ixon do good textiles for not a lot more than Oxford. They feel better "designed" as if someone actually thought about the fact a human will need to wear it at some point.

I have a very similar Oxford jacket.

Done around 2k in it. Including last winter.

Paid around 160 for it and to be honest it's sound.

Put away now ready for the autumn.

Not normally a huge fan of oxford gear... but that looks great! Tankbags good review is kind of putting it as a contender for myself aswell! Would be interesting to hear any more comments once you have given it a go!

I'll let you know :thumb:

Really like the look of the vents that clip open. My current four seasons jacket has loads of vents, but even once they're unzipped they don't exactly encourage airflow. And they're inexplicably all on the left side of the jacket :scratch:

And another thing, the waterproof lining on my current jacket is part of the same item as the thermal lining... awful for summer showers! You have to choose between being wet because you're sweating so much or wet because the rain got in! Really not very smart, can't imagine why any manufacturer (Bikers Gear Australia) would do that. The approach taken by the Oxford jacket with the Hippora lining being a fixed part of the outer jacket and the quilting being separate and removable makes much more sense. Can't fault my current jacket for winter use or for protection, but it really isn't English summer friendly.

Kinda wish I could get one of these in time for the rally, seeing as it's meant to be raining all the way home on the Sunday :(

I overlooked mentioning the vents, I like the way the clip open & at the same time wondered how well they would keep the rain out, particularly the forearm ones, brill didn't leak at all, so on some ride outs I had the vents open & they let in airflow then later up a mountain shut em off & they kept out the drizzle. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...