Are the kymco zing engine and kymco hipster interchangeable?

Guest frank

Hello I'm frank, new here. Biking since 75, I'd be so grateful for an answer to my question. I need to know whether the kymco zing engine and kymco hipster are interchangeable as I need to replace the engine in my hipster and there is a zing engine available. Thankyou.

• 2 years later...

Im Frank the original poster. Since I posted this query I have found out its a generic cg125 balanced shaft overhead cam engine, so the engine mountings will be the same. Also for all bikes that have the cg125 balanced shaft engine pushrod or cam chain. So Hondas, keeways, Lifan, and Lexmoto's and any more.

Im Frank the original poster. Since I posted this query I have found out its a generic cg125 balanced shaft overhead cam engine, so the engine mountings will be the same. Also for all bikes that have the cg125 balanced shaft engine pushrod or cam chain. So Hondas, keeways, Lifan, and Lexmoto's and any more.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure , a CG based Chinese engine has push rods . If it has an overhead cam its more likely to be based on a Suzuki GN engine and will have different mounting points.

Frank the quickest way I can think of to find out is to go to the Chinese motorcycle parts online website. So a search for your current engine and there's a drop down tab which will tell you what other bikes it is compatible with. If the bike which you have the second engine is on the list it should be an indicator that it will fit.

Dave