Painting motorcycle calipers

Retrospect 3-2-1

I've decided to paint my motorcycle calipers to give it a new look. I've been advised to strip the calipers down conpletely of the bike, clean them then paint them. Im not confident about stripping of my calipers as I'm not very hands on when it comes to technical aspects of biking. I was wondering, could I get away with just cleaning the calipers whilst they are still attached to the bike and then just painting the calipers after (whilst still attached to the bike)?

:stupid:

Brakes seem like a black art but they really aren't.

Just unbolt them off the bike, either remove the pads or tape up the areas you don't want paint very well. Then business as normal, when you reinstall you just have to bleed them, which will take you 10 minutes of watching Youtube to figure out, and 10 minutes once you've started. :thumb: