Derbi senda 125 overheating quickly

Fazzer1996

I have a Derbi senda drd 125 and it's been getting very hot, I have put in some fresh coolant and it was fine for 5 mins then it started to get hot again the pipes are really hot and expanded also it started to leak and was bubbling off the engine anyone tell me what's causing this also the fan has seemed to stop working I have replaced the fuse under the seat but no luck any idears thanks!

Welcome to TMBF mate. ....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. ....... 8-)

Sounds like either the fan is duff or the temp sensor for the fan is faulty......sounds like you could do with checking the water pump and thermostat too..... :wink:

Hi mate thanks! I have checked the water pump that's fine, where would the Temp sensor be? I took the thermostat out earlier today and it seems okay to me I tested it in some water and it's not stuck or anything.

Hi,

Where's it leaking from?

Cheers,

IM

Hi it's leaking from where the pipe goes from the thermo stat cover to the bottom of the carb where it has 2 pipes going to it also the pipes expand and seems to be of air

Hi mate thanks! I have checked the water pump that's fine, where would the Temp sensor be? I took the thermostat out earlier today and it seems okay to me I tested it in some water and it's not stuck or anything.

Sorry mate, I don't know where the temp sensor is on that bike.....you'd need a repair manual to find out where it is. The sensor on my bike is at the top of the radiator, but yours could be somewhere else.... 8-)

The sensor should be on the radiator either at the top or bottom and will have a wire coming from it.