Cheapest/quickest/best route to license for newbie

New here so apologies if this kind of question has been asked to death!

Wanted to get into motorcycling for a while, I'm now 21 and am seriously considering doing it ASAP. Never so much as sat on a motorbike before but Ive been driving for 3/4 years so I know the rules of the road and clutch control etc.

My question is this: would it be cheaper and quicker to get my cbt and then do an intensive a2 course more or less straight away, then buy an a2 bike? Or would it be better/safer to do the cbt, buy a 125, learn on that for a bit then take the a2 test and get a big bike even though this will end up costing more? Im a student so low cost is everything!

Sorry if this is a dumb question

I would try it out on some private land to start. Driving a car and riding a bike are a world apart

Getting your cbt and road legal is need to start anywhere. And see how you find it

Plenty of people do their cbt and course all rolled in together. I did. I didnt see the point in doing cbt, then riding on L plates 'learning bad habits' then doing a das selling the bike then buying another. I done the course bought the bike i wanted and learnt on that. Your looking anywhere between £500 - £700 for the lot, theory, tests and lessons. Then factor in buying a bike.

All schools do intensive courses just read reviews ect on the school and think about the area you will be learning in and taking test in, do you know the area?

Riding and driving are like walking and crawling and a car would be the crawling stage, so keep your mind open if you havnt rode a bike before

Cheers for the replies guys. Im moving to manchester in september so wont know the area the test will be in but will shop around to see if theres any good deals that combine the cbt theory and a2 tests and go from there. 5-700 sounds very reasonable compared to the cost of learning to drive a car tbh, if I can really find it for that I'll be laughing (and have some maintenance loan left to spend on the luxuries, yknow food and rent and stuff)