KTM 950 SM running rough

Cpt_Tact

Was out on a ride last weekend and on the motorway riding fairly hard the engine just sounded like it hit a proper flat spot and wouldn't rev out.

Nursed it home and just as I was pulling in it died. Now had to leave it for a week and went to start it and the below is now whats happening:

Friday:

- Will only start on choke, choke goes off bike dies

- Got it down to my mates garage and ran a load of fuel cleaner through and now it idles ok but still feels like not as powerful as before

- 3 tanks of Vpower and loads of additives

- Bike is popping and banging from both cylinders at the same time and quite violently on occasions like a rifle going off but it is idling much better

- Only one cut out on way home but bike is fine under acceleration its only when at lights slow moving traffic it seems to struggle

Saturday

- Rough as anything starting but now on choke no popping or banging

- Take choke off and the popping and banging is still there but not as violent

- Adjusted idle speed up and its less popping again

Pull up at my mates and I can smell petrol, look down and there is a puddle (about the size of your palm) just below the kick stand, tank off and air box off and there is a fair amount of petrol around the edges of the air filter but only very small amounts around the centre. There is also what looks like spray on the inside top of the air box.

I have cleaned the bike and all around the side stand switch

Taken off the headlight and checked all the wiring and it seems to be fine and nothing a miss.

Fuel pumped changed a month ago as the last one failed

Any help would be much appreciated before taking to a garage :(