15 Years ago today........

XTreme

.......we sailed out of Poole Harbour late at night en route for Cherbourg.......leaving Britain forever! Destination Spain!

At the same time in Cardiff the guys were throwing a party to celebrate that I was leaving! 

We drove through France the following day and stayed the night in Perpignan......that was a lovely place.

The following morning we crossed the border into Spain and never left. Despite the fact that some said we wouldn't last a year!

A lot has changed since then......the 3 dogs that came with us have now gone! The youngest boy left for NL in 2013, and the eldest boy left for Poland in 2016.

It wasn't long before I got a pic on the seafront in the Costa Calida........to wind up all my mates back in Britain who were still stuck there in the pissing rain!

xts9.jpg.c075fd1a44ccff7c777637b3c3c7e948.jpg

And 15 years later I'm still doing it! I guess some things never change! 

And pissing people off still continues :lol: :lol:

Nobody can ever accuse me of not being consistent Stu!

And I'll be doing a Ride Report today (while I still can) to keep the momentum going.

I'm staying on pretty remote roads within the perimeter of this area in case the Guardia try to feel my collar!

You just can't tell how they'll interpret the new directives here that we can't enter another town.

We stayed in perpignon, both ways, when we came on the bikes, nice place! 8-)

Yeh.....it's really nice!

I could have quite happily stayed there but we were already committed to Spain.

Originally I wanted to go to France......but I was outvoted 3-1 as the others wanted to go to Spain.

Then the boys eventually left......after they'd skewered the vote against France.

Their toilets in the motorway services are pretty weird though......where you stand up to take a shit in a hole in the floor.

It was all I could do not to shit over my trainers!