Are these sounds normal?

Tom1231

Hello I recently bought a Yamaha xt 125 I do not know much about motorbikes but I thought this just doesn't sound right the bike when turned on but resting sounds tinny and when I rev it makes a strange sound like it's dying when the rev is coming down, sorry if that's not a good description but I have no idea how to describe it

It's impossible to say anything about sounds we can't hear. Bikes make some very odd sounds to people who aren't used to them. If in doubt take it to a good independent workshop, preferably one that has bene recommended by someone who knows them well. If it starts ok, runs with power without hesitation and doesn't stall at idle then it's probably just noises you're not used to. A sick engine is pretty obvious even to someone who doesn't have much mechanical knowledge.

• Thanks 1