How many miles to the gallon?

Guest Revilo

Jus wondering about what type of milage my scooter shoudl be doing to the gallon? Its a 50cc Piaggio NRG and 10months old and from wen i last filled up till i ran out which is about 5 litres i covered 50miles, should it be more than this? And could the recent carb adjustment make a change to this?

dont forget scoots spend most of the day flat out, Id guess 50-100mpg depending on how crazy you get on the gas.

As you are getting about 45mpg, Id say maybe recent carb mods have done you a dis-service. What did you do to it?

I havent done anything to it, i had the carb adjusted today as it wasnt idling correctly, and i have about 11 bars on the digital fuel gage when it is full and so far it is still at 11 bars after doing 12 miles after filling up so seems better than before the carb was adjusted. But i'll see how many miles i get to a full tank this time and if it stays at around 50 miles to a tank is there anything i can do to it?

• 7 months later...

I've got a buell xb12stt and it does 55 mpg

but I've had an rgv250 which only did about 30mpg

if your scooter is a two stroke then 45mpg is about right

No idea what the mpg is on my Yamaha SR 125 lol, I just stick a fivers worth of petrol in every fortnight or so (sometimes even 3 weeks and sometimes less if I have been doing a lot of riding.) It has no fuel guage so I just look in the tank and see if it looks to be getting low.