Advice for winter gloves with extra long cuff please

Hi all.

I would like some advice for winter gloves with extra long cuff please.

I'm 6'3" and all the gloves I try on don't overlap the jacket sleeve properly, so I get wet arms and hands when it rains.

Does anyone have a similar problem and what did you do or buy? or does anyone have suggestions?

EDIT:

I wear the gloves under the jacket sleeve but they still separate and leave a gap due to my long arms.

My jackets are both longer sleeved than any other I have tried on.

Waterproof over jackets don't work either because of sizing -

nice and big for the sleeve length and they catch the wind too much and it feels like wearing a parachute, then the sleeves get pulled up anyway, or,

snug fit, harder to get on and short sleeves don't reach the gloves.

I would like something like the length of these Alpinestars 365 GXT but hopefully cheaper and better cold protection.

Maybe handle bar muffs for the cold would make the above gloves workable, but the cost then gets higher, and yet another accessory to hide in the home from the girlfriend who already complains I spend too much money on my bike and leave my kit all over the place :D

Thanks for any advice or recommendations and to those who have already replied :)

Edited by bbobeckyj

You are doing it the wrong way!

Pull jacket sleeves OVER the glove cuffs.

Even at speed water runs DOWN your sleeves and into gloves if they are over the jacket.

Pulling jacket over prevents this. You still have to contend with osmosis, but that's unavoidable.

My wording was wrong. I do put my gloves under the sleeves,

but most gloves are still not long enough and the sleeves don't overlap far enough and usually the gloves come out from under the sleeve leaving a gap.

When it's dry and sunny - no problem, it helps keep me cool,

when it's cold and wet - I get cold and wet.

You need a bit of string between your gloves to keep them up!! :lol: :lol:

Look at these mate. Not cheap, but waterproof and good crash protection.

http://www.bikersworldonline.com/storef ... 229&dfid=1

And I know this sounds silly, but you might need a jacket with longer sleeves.

Thanks,

I had seen those and tried them on instore, that's the sort of length I'm looking for. High cost and low insulation are preventing me from buying at the moment. I'm also looking at the jet road ones, but they don't fit my jacket well and they're difficult to find at a good price.

And as the title says, I want some advice from others before I buy anything.

I do have two long sleeved jackets, both the longest sleeved jackets I've tried on which are waterproof. I don't want to spend £300 on another jacket just for it being waterproof and longer sleeved but with less protection. Also gloves are easier to take two pairs incase it rains to swap around, and cheaper to 'fix'.

You need a bit of string between your gloves to keep them up!! :lol: :lol:

Look at these mate. Not cheap, but waterproof and good crash protection.

http://www.bikersworldonline.com/storef ... 229&dfid=1

And I know this sounds silly, but you might need a jacket with longer sleeves.

I have these. Good glove, but always feel 'damp' in rain.

Also, an absolute swine to break in!

Cuffs are good length though

I totally agree with you. I was using them as an example of what can be found on e-bay. They look like they have a pretty long sleve bit (for want of a better phrase) You could try google "motorcycle gauntlets" and see what comes up. Good luck with your search.

I searched all gloves on eBay :(

Normally I search for brands and ones I know to be good (from Ride reviews etc) but it's hard to find stuff you know will fit.

A lot of branded stuff is more expensive online, than for example Hein Gericke sells it.

I'm thinking I need to save for the 365 GTXs and get em big enough for under gloves to fit.

try a cheap waterproof jacket over the top? They might have slightly longer sleeves? Gloves under main jacket, then waterproof over that? Tbh if its bouncing down I do that even if Im wearing gortex as it takes so long to dry out once it get soaked even if youre dry underneath

I have the tech roads but I bought last years model http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINESTARS-TECH- ... .m20.l1116 as this years has a faffy double cuff system.. it looks great, but in cold and wet conditions, I think its too faffy.

Theyre pretty long in the cuff and Ive dunked me hands in a bowl of water to test their effectiveness and they withstood that so Im happy enough, but this stockist is only showing small and medium sizes.

try a cheap waterproof jacket over the top? They might have slightly longer sleeves? Gloves under main jacket, then waterproof over that? Tbh if its bouncing down I do that even if Im wearing gortex as it takes so long to dry out once it get soaked even if youre dry underneath

Yep, I do that (I need to add more detail to the first post) I have two gore tex jackets both a sporty-ish style (low collar etc) so they let water in around the edges easily if the rain throws down hard. But for short trips or light rain they're good.

The problem with over coats is sizing -

nice and big for the sleeve length and they catch the wind too much and it feels like wearing a parachute, then the sleeves get pulled up anyway, or,

snug fit, harder to get on and short sleeves don't reach the gloves :(