K&N - worth the money?

Guest Horness

My "cage" is a Land Rover Discovery TDi, a big difference to my Hornet CB600S, however it did benefit from having a K&N air filter fitted in place of the paper stock one.

Is it worth spending £38 on a K&N filter for my 2000 Hornet, or should I stick with the normal air filters?

Opinions and advice always appreciated. :wink:

Horness

they are worth it but you are best to get a more free flowing can and set up on a dyno as the fueling will need adjusting

is your bike fuel injected or carb ?

if its carb theres not many decent tuners into them now so is hard to get a decent tuner but most places will be able to do it though if they cant or dont want to they will give you silly prices expect to pay anywhere from £150 - £250

if its fuel injected you will need a power commander to adjust the fueling and they are £250 ish then setting up on the dyno too another £150 ish but well worth it :)

Stu

Craig - that sounds like fueling problems. I had to adjust the fueling on my Land Rover when I swapped the air filter and installed a full width intercooler from AliSport. It had similar problems without the changes.

Stu - Micron exhaust already fitted, and as it's a 2000 model it's carbs.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/12101/normal_hornet_gallery_1.JPG

Thanks for the replies :cheers:

Horness.

Seeing as my better half spent £250 in Debenhams the other day - I've just ordered myself a K&N filter and a Fog City visor insert.

I'll let you know how I get on. :D

Thanks

Horness