One for the Ladies???

Guest nellyp

Hi all, I am after some kit for my misses (Motorbike kit). I will go textile route, and already have a helmet but will need :- Trousers, jacket, gloves, and boots. My wife is tiny, she is 4' 9" and a size 6-8 (depending on brand) her foot size is 3 1/2. Do we think I should go for ladies sizes or (as sometimes happens with her) buy kids stuff. Also any ideas on good suppliers in South Wales?. Any help will be gratefuly received

Morning Rosie :D If you the fleabay route think twice maybe about the boots I bought mine from a shop and glad I did I'm a size 5 and had to buy 6 n half !!! And they are sidi !! But for everything else you can get some really good bargains on the bay :D

In my experience it can be quite difficult finding a decent stock of ladies gear - the choices in some of the usual stockists can be pathetic to say the least. :roll:

I've also found it essential to try things on!! Sizing seems to be totally different to that of ordinary clothes! :? When looking for textile trousers I tried on XL and they were too small!! I'm a size 12 in normal clothes, and anyone who knows me would say I'm definitely NOT XL!!!

Try things on, make a note of brand and design name then try and find them on ebay for a cheaper price

Thanks all. Went to a dealer today choice was rubbish but we did sort out a few sizes for brands. My misses tried on some boots and we will definately buy them from a shop as the sizes vary too much. They had no kiddies stuff but I'll look on the recomended site :cheers:

Bought a waterproof jacket and trousers (all padded and protected) off ebay for £26 (plus £10 p+p) look brand new and apparently only worn 3 times :D . Looks like a bargain but we will see when delivered. Bought new leaher gloves also off ebay for £10 and will see what they are like when delivered. We will buy boots from a shop because of the fit :roll: . But all in all it's going pretty good so far. I just want the little lady safe and dry :love:

This is the place I got most of my gear from - a little shop in Hitchin that caters just for ladies! Not a huge stock and not cheap stuff but maybe worth a look. :D

http://www.girlsbike2.com/

I second that. The website's pretty good and there's a shop in northampton that I use. They have a list of the stores on the website with locations. Knowledgeable, helpful staff, etc.