Willingham Woods (Lincs,near Market Rasen) Sun 12 April 1pm

chris128

I currently dont have anyone to ride with at all as none of my friends have bikes and to be honest its getting a little boring always being out on my own and not knowing any other bikers. I went to willingham woods today and there were about 50 or 60 bikers there and I've heard that some people from here go down there sometimes so I was just wondering if anyone was planning on going there next weekend, Sunday preferably (which is the 12th of April in case anyones reading this after that date) ?

I'm fairly new to riding still and I've got a black and white 2008 Honda CBR125 (with L plates wooo) so might not be the fastest rider in the world but I'd love to go for a ride with some other bikers and see if it helps improve my riding a bit too :)

Anyone feel like letting me tag along? :D

Edited by chris128

I'd like to tag along too if thats ok and dont worry chris I will still have the loonies on aswell and be on a 125 however it wont be the honda as most of you know it just doesn't do hills :lol:

I have been before with a few of the members from here they are nice bunch and will look after you :D At least you wont be on your own at the back :) you will have me for company :lol: Having said that they never leave you on your own anyway there is always someone close by with a word of good advice or just encouragement :)

Thanks mIdLcRiSiS thats good to hear :D and yeah feel free to come along too, the more the merrier (if thats how you spell it?) :) What bike will you be on then if its not the honda that you mentioned?

I forgot it was easter next sunday but doesnt make much difference to me, so if anyone is up for it on either the saturday, sunday or the bank holiday monday then that would be good :)

What time were you there today as I was there about 4 ish.

I think I left at about 2:30 - 3:00 so I wouldnt of been there when you got there, but yeah next time you are going there then give me a shout :)

once my bike is in good running order then I'm more than happy to meet up with anyone on any bike :D

Are you absolutely sure about that :lol: Whats wrong with your bike Rosie I thought it was okies after MOT

I will be on a cacky hong du that I sold to my nephew its an 08 plate looks nice but cries when you push it to 55!!! and with a good back wind going downhill it will do 60 :lol: which I bought to learn on I can just about touch the floor and I mean just about! Then bought a honda vt 125 which I chucked in for a firestorm for my other half. I have cbr600 f just waiting to be out when I pass DAS for my second attempt :D

Hi guys

Where in N E Lincs are you ?

I'm in cleethorpes and will have my blade by then, so will be up for ride outs :D

Well I live in grimsby, I actually rode through cleethorpes twice today :)

I think you might get rather bored riding with someone like me on a CBR125 when your on a fireblade though! :shock:

You get on those twisty little roads and all out power makes way for light and nimble

There was a sh8tload of bikes out today, although I was at work this morning and then went to Cadwell in my lil beetle this afternoon

You get on those twisty little roads and all out power makes way for light and nimble

haha yeah but trust me, you could take a corner 10 X slower than me and still overtake me on the way out of it in the blink of an eye! :P Still... I guess my little CBR is better than nothing :)

Tell me about it clee I felt like a nodding dog there where that many letting on, I stopped just before the bridge to find my toll and about 8 riders going the other way slowed down and thumbs upped me to see if everything was okies too (I was just having ciggy break after seeing my friend back over the bridge :D ) But it was good to know they cared enough to check :)

bike has exup valve problem ... well it doesn't have one at the mo :lol: siezed one removed by other half and blanking plate over hole so I could ride today.

Parts on order as is new lower handle bars and then she need carbs balancing. These are not part of the MOT

I'm sure he and Rosie will stop in the next lay by and wait for us to catch up chris :lol:

I won't be stopping as I will be riding at your pace. We stay together with the slowest bike. :D :D

But it was good to know they cared enough to check

thats cool, i cant believe how much more friendly bikers are when you compare that to car drivers. I kind of expected not to get many/any nods and waves from other bikers on 'proper' bikes what with me being on a 125 with L plates but loads of people gave me a nod today, which was a nice surprise :)

Dont forget chris as alll the guys n girls on here say 'we all have to start somewhere' forget the L s and small bike enjoy the ride and keep safe at the end of the day we are all on 2 wheels and we all look after each other :D

There ya go

Its the fraternaty...yes any bike is better than none for sure

You have to start somewhere, and when I moved up from a 125 I went to a 250, then to a 350, then back to a 250 for a couple of years before feeling the need for a 600....then a 750, the blade will be the biggest cc bike I have owned, not ridden but owned

Always better to learn to get the most out of what you're riding first then move on, some people are too quick to want to jump onto a 'BIG" bike, and they're just not ready for it

Its not always about what ya got....its what you can do with it that matters :wink:

There ya go

Its the fraternaty...yes any bike is better than none for sure

You have to start somewhere, and when I moved up from a 125 I went to a 250, then to a 350, then back to a 250 for a couple of years before feeling the need for a 600....then a 750, the blade will be the biggest cc bike I have owned, not ridden but owned

Always better to learn to get the most out of what you're riding first then move on, some people are too quick to want to jump onto a 'BIG" bike, and they're just not ready for it

Its not always about what ya got....its what you can do with it that matters :wink:

And its always people that dont have a BIG one that say that :P lol