Hartside Cafe run, Sunday May Day Bank Holiday

Guest WalneyFrankie

Hi All, looking at a run on the Mayday bank hol weekend,

Provisional Route.

Me (Simon) - Barrow to Windermere, Pick up Blakeytron (Andy),

through to Kendal, Meet up with Jade Mongoose (Matt)

A6 to Carlisle, then on to Hartside Top Cafe,

Stop for Butties/brew

Back to Penrith, and on to either Ullswater and Kirkstone pass, or Keswick and lakes, back to Windermere, and depart for home..

anyone else?

Hi All, looking at a run on the Mayday bank hol weekend,

Provisional Route.

Me (Simon) - Barrow to Windermere, Pick up Blakeytron (Andy),

through to Kendal, Meet up with Jade Mongoose (Matt)

A6 to Carlisle, then on to Hartside Top Cafe,

Stop for Butties/brew

Back to Penrith, and on to either Ullswater and Kirkstone pass, or Keswick and lakes, back to Windermere, and depart for home..

anyone else?

think I'll make this one hopefully, guess I'll meet you in Kendal, probably at the car park next to the river, near the bridge that goes across to the ski slope?? Hope you know where I mean.

I know where you mean,

How about you meet us at the petrol station off the roundabout, LA9 7EQ

come in from the south of kendal, turn right at the lights, over the bridge, and then 1st exit of the next roundabout, garage immediately on the right.. we can all meet and fuel up..

my numbers in contact info,

Simon

Blakey, Jimsoon,

Been Chatting with Matt (Jade Mongoose) he thinks it would be better to meet at Morrisons (I agree), can fuel up from there and easy access out of town onto A6..

so Andy if you want to meet Jimsoon and RV with us at Morrisons.

just need to discuss timings, Jimsoon, you have the furthest start, so whats good for you..?

is Morrisons in the retail park bit, with a Honda garage and Halfords? if it is thats fine if everyone's happy.

i dont mind an early start, if its nice! 9am ok, It'll take me about 45mins i reckon. so not too early for me to set off.

is Morrisons in the retail park bit, with a Honda garage and Halfords? if it is thats fine if everyone's happy.

i dont mind an early start, if its nice! 9am ok, It'll take me about 45mins i reckon. so not too early for me to set off.

yep, honda dealers in the right, morrisons and halfords on the left..

so if we go for a 10.00 meet at Morrisons out side the petrol station, i'll leave Barrow at 9.00 should be there same time..

hey, i need my beauty sleep

Best meet after lunch then!

So we are meeting at morrisons at 10 on sunday?

Thanks Andy.........

Thats the plan, unless noah decides to build another ark, my bike don't swim..

Can't do the big ride tomorrow, haven't got time, but if it's nice I could meet you at devils for a brew in the afternoon. Weather forecast looks ok. PM me with your number Jim and i'll text you tomorrow lunch time if I can make it. Anyone else up for a devils meet?

I think the consensus for Sunday is if we wake up and it's lashing down, forget it! Don't mind if I get a little wet while riding, but if it's raining before we even set off, that's a different story (with a much wetter ending!).

if its nice tomorrow afternoon is any one playing out, I'll probably head up to devils, i hear its meant to be the best day, or you want to do this ride tomorrow??

I'm AWOL tommorow, got DIY at sisters place to finish, so no can do..

I think the consensus for Sunday is if we wake up and it's lashing down, forget it! Don't mind if I get a little wet while riding, but if it's raining before we even set off, that's a different story (with a much wetter ending!).

Matt i'll Txt you for Weather Report.. and confirm if i'm in (staying) or out (riding)...

Weather looks good, just maybe a few isolated showers. Everyone still up for this?

Simon and Andy, meet at mine at quarter to ten. Jim, if you're still coming we'll meet you at Morrisons petrol station, A6 north out of Kendal, at 10 (along with anyone else who wants to come along). Let us know though.