Run to the the Stormy Petrel (Mk II)

Guest Bugsplat_Andy

<t>Do the police spoil bike meets with heavy handed policing or do they make them safer for all to enjoy?</t>  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do the police spoil bike meets with heavy handed policing or do they make them safer for all to enjoy?

• Plod get it about right
    • Its too much, they should clear off and catch some real criminals
    • I ride a honda C90 so don't really care.

Hi there,

we (the Bug Splatz) are off to the Stormy again this Thursday (the 9th). We'll be setting off from the Queens Head in Horton at about 18:30. Any one is welcome to join us or if you'll be there, maybe I'll see you around.

Monsta Moto had a stall there last week and I'm guessing they will this week so you can get to meet them as well.

C U there! :D

BTW, if you've never been there before, take it steady as you approach, plenty of unmarked police are around to spoil your evening. Its a pity as the Hodnet bypass is a great place to test your top end speed! :)

Haven't clicked the poll but some twit popping wheels on a public road in excess of the posted speed limit doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards him.

Not sure I'll make it again this week but I'll be there again soon. I'll be attending a funeral on Thursday of a friend killed coming home from the Stormy on his bike.

I did think the Police presence was a bit too much at first but like Para said..... that guy popping wheelies was a prat and is the reason the cops are like they are :(

I think they get it about right overall, it would be anarchy without them, I was at Bassett's pole when that woman got killed, I will probably be there again depending on weather. will make myself known to monsta moto if they're there :lol:

If anyone wants my mobile number to meet up once there, they can PM me and I'll send it on.

Jota, sorry to hear about your friend. :-( Its that kind of thing that makes me think we're all a bunch of silly bu66ers. Then I get on my bike and remember what a life affirming activity riding is. Good luck and hopefully see you soon.

Jota, sorry to hear about your friend. :-( Its that kind of thing that makes me think we're all a bunch of silly bu66ers. Then I get on my bike and remember what a life affirming activity riding is. Good luck and hopefully see you soon.

Cheers for that Andy. It's being held at the Telford crematorium, His Mrs wants those who were biker mates of his to turn up on their bikes :) he was such a larger than life character maybe a bugsplat or two will be there.

I am definately going will be there about 7 8) will hang about close to the door to the lounge, near where monsta moto had their stand last week. will be displaying TMF sticker on helmet visor.

Was in Telford eariler today and the guy's there were going tonight, Police presence up tonight? they heard a rumor they were going to be a bit heavier over next few weeks.

Hi there,

where woz you guys?? Mark rom Monsta Moto said Dirty Gimp had been by but I didn't spot anyone. Never mind, there's always next week.

Bugs, wot bugs?? :lol: