More silly noob questions

Mightycaz

Hi its me again!!

I want to get some new indicators as mine are a little on the ugly side and the person who had my bike before me has dropped it at some point an they are a little scratched! ive found some but im not sure if they will fit, Is there any way to tell if they will? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chrome-Bullet-M ... UGDDECVH1T . Ill order 4 of emif you guys can give me an indication if they will fit or not!

Thanks

I don't know if they'd fit you particular bike (sorry! I think they might be more or less universal though? Someone will probably correct me on that).

Pretty much the only thing I know about idicators is that if you get LED ones you might need to get a relay so they don't go crazy! That said I don't think those ones are LED...just incase you were considering others as well.

Edited by Pete

Guest akey

Most standard indicators are fitted in the same why as those ones on amaxzon, its a single threaded stem that fits onto the bike somwhere and a nut to hold it on. If you ever get a M&P catalogue or something similar (usually free around this time of year with various bike mags) then you will see most are the same.

The only real issue to look out for is the length of the stem between the threaded bit and the indicator head itself, to ensure that its long enough to clear any bodywork that the bike may have.

Other than that, pete is right about the LED ones, they do need a resister in-line or they flash to quick (some already have this built in though).

These are just normal filament bulbs, as far as making sure that they have enough clearance the original indicators on my bike have arms on them already and i would assume that i could just take the light part off and attach these to the end of the arms that are already there, here is a pic of the current ones that are on there

1730484840_Bike2web.JPG.e671a5a2c44339e9491e44452e25e63a.JPG

Guest akey

Caz, looks like they should fit fine, just have a look at the back of the indicators to see if the mounting looks the same (should be).

To change them its a simple job, remove old ones (usually bullet connectors for the wires). The only thing you may have to do, is change the wire connectors to the ones from your original indicators, but this is easy enough.

MightyCaz, i would get 2 short stem and 2 long stem.

if you look at your current winkers you'll find the back 2 are longer than the front..

otherwise you won't distinguish them from the tail light..

you cant just fit them into the stalks, they bolt into the body/bracket.

otherwise should be a nice simple mod..

Frankie,

Thanks Frankie but surely if i just take the light part off the original ones that are on there the lenghts will be correct anyway as the stems are longer on the back as standard? I haven't ordered them yet as i am waiting for some vouchers to come in for amazon, Will post some pics up when i have done it!

Thanks Frankie but surely if i just take the light part off the original ones that are on there the lenghts will be correct anyway as the stems are longer on the back as standard? I haven't ordered them yet as i am waiting for some vouchers to come in for amazon, Will post some pics up when i have done it!

Get the spanners out and take one off, you'll see that the indicator is a 4 part unit..

lense, bulb, mounting and rubber..

the stalks aren't interchangeable,..

PM Cruz, he's a custom man, and should be able to give you more advice..

Get the spanners out and take one off, you'll see that the indicator is a 4 part unit..

lense, bulb, mounting and rubber..

the stalks aren't interchangeable,..

PM Cruz, he's a custom man, and should be able to give you more advice..

Ok ill give it a go tonight and see how this is all gonna fit, the biggest problem with buyin thigs off the interweb is you cant have a good look at it to see how it all fits together! ill post an update probablyon wednesday as i have a day off so will have enough time to look properly!

Thanks, they have their own Amazon store so i might give them a call and see what they say. Only reason i wanna get them from amazon is i get vouchers for almost anywhere as commission (dont have to pay any tax on gift vouchers, gets me about an extra £1000 a year!!) thanks for all the help again. :cheers:

Nice ride Caz, i had the cheapo version which has an equally dodgy name. Funnily enough i took the rear seat of mine as well, looks much nicer without it.

Good luck with the indicators as well :cheers:

Nice ride Caz, i had the cheapo version which has an equally dodgy name. Funnily enough i took the rear seat of mine as well, looks much nicer without it.

Good luck with the indicators as well :cheers:

Thanks mate, I seriously thought about makin you an offer on your maurauder a couple of weeks ago when my bike was broken, then it was fixed and then it was broken again ( a few electrical faults stopping it from starting) Its all fixed now otherwise i think i would have bought yours!

D'oh!

I'm glad you've got yours sorted now, tbh, you probably would have been a little disappointed with the Marauder after having ridden the Intruder, sound and looks wise.

Are you planning on moving to anything bigger?

I am indeed planning on going bigger, just want to get some more hours clocked up before goin for my test, have been lookin at the Shadow (850cc) and the 800 maurauder. My dream bike is the Suzuki M1800r Intruder http://www.bikes4sale.in/blog/suzuki/in ... uder-1.jpg . Might have to wait a while for one of those though!

I am indeed planning on going bigger, just want to get some more hours clocked up before goin for my test, have been lookin at the Shadow (850cc) and the 800 maurauder. My dream bike is the Suzuki M1800r Intruder http://www.bikes4sale.in/blog/suzuki/in ... uder-1.jpg . Might have to wait a while for one of those though!

if you looking towards the 1800 intruder, then think about the new V-Max thats out....

uuum, i go custom for that...

134421ih4.jpg.4d350caa5e9f4a6fdf207bc7f1b7e3c5.jpg

if you looking towards the 1800 intruder, then think about the new V-Max thats out....

:stupid: I saw one in town the other day and it was awesome. I like customs anyway but this thing was just another league. But I guess it's more a performance/sports custom than a chilled out laid back custom.

Still awesome though.

bit too sporty lookin for my taste, but still a very good looking bike, its not all about speed for me i just really like the way the Intruder looks. The fact it is a monster waiting to be unleashed to 160mph is just coincidence! :wink:

Back to the indicators now, i had a bit of a look today and took some photo's ( i didnt even need a spanner frankie, just a phillips screwy!)

Rear Indicators

IMAGE_016.thumb.jpg.1a51fe12abb7132a67d65b118d53a09c.jpg

I take it i need to replace the whiole thing including the spacer at the end, can i then use the same spacer on any of the lights posted above?

180649015_IMAGE_017bracket.thumb.jpg.e8d0e8f0d4174b86a9f59e069c36dc95.jpg

what would that bracket be called? mayaswell change that for a nice chrome one while im at it

Front Indicators

IMAGE_019.thumb.jpg.2b79ce4fcff32ae508af8cdd66f33eab.jpg

will the new ones just attatch to the rubber bracket on the forks?

IMAGE_020.thumb.jpg.d63b72baa11970d9023578099fe4ead6.jpg

I hope the pics help just dont wanna go an buy a load of stuff to find it doesnt work an then have to get more stuff to make it work, the missus would mither me no end about wastin money :whip:

im gonna go out for a pointless ride now since ive been thinkin about my bike now! :bike2:

IMAGE_017.thumb.jpg.6eb19b22f534ace23549f6d75bce9e2a.jpg

the indicators come as units so the back ones bolt on where youve circled red, and the fronts need the forks and wheel removing to de-install/install..

you're going to need to think of fitting at the front, and rear, i don't think your proposed idea will work without some bracketry being fabricated.

you might be better getting replacements..

10006507.jpg.18ab99f0bd60446249a2f8750138f38b.jpg

front

10011207.jpg.da5392f32ef256f671f1a82ea9c934bb.jpg

rear

Damn, there is nothing really wron with the origanals ones other than a little scuff on one side presumable where someone has dropped it in the past.

Oh well at least i didnt buy new ones and find out i cant fit em! cheers for the help anyway.