The Best place to Buy A Helmet

Hi There. I'm new to here and the bike scene (2nd post) Recently just passed my cbt. I'm going to sit my theory test then my DAS cousre. I was looking to start getting some kit together and was going to start with a helmet. Where would be the best place to buy a helmet in central Scotland based on helpfulness, advise and price?

Cheers KEV

The first thing to do is get out to any shop that sells helmets and try as many on as you can in your price range. Once you found one you like and that fits, take note of make and model and shop around to find the cheapest price you can.

Simples!

Hi There. I'm new to here and the bike scene (2nd post) Recently just passed my cbt. I'm going to sit my theory test then my DAS cousre. I was looking to start getting some kit together and was going to start with a helmet. Where would be the best place to buy a helmet in central Scotland based on helpfulness, advise and price?

Cheers KEV

any good shop should point you in the right direction, you have 2 local to you,

http://www.north-harbour.co.uk/

North Harbour Motorcycles Ltd Motorcycle Accessories & Parts

Tel: 01292 281933| 18, North Harbour St, Ayr, Ayrshire KA8 8AA

ABS Motorcycle Accessories & Parts

Common Cottage, Auchinleck, Cumnock, Ayrshire KA18 3JN

Tel: 01290 420004

or if you can get to Glasgow, theres a Hein Gericke, join there "4theRide" club and you get discounts on stuff...

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/1/

Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd Motorcycle Accessories & Parts

Tel: 0141 333 4949| 272, Great Western Rd, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G4 9EJ

Hi there ans welcome to the forum.

I can't recommend a place in Scotland, but definitely try on the helmet in a retail store to make sure it fits. A sales person can help you know what fits and what doesn't - you'll probably benefit from the advice when getting your first lid. If you consider buying it online after that, definitely factor in shipping, waiting for it, and the convenience of buying from a local shop.

Good luck :D

I know of the one in Ayr at north harbour.

I just dont want to be sold just any old helmet, i want one that fits me and suits me and not one they just want to offload and me not knowing any better just buying it because the guy in the shop says so to make a sale.

I know of the one in Ayr at north harbour.

I just dont want to be sold just any old helmet, i want one that fits me and suits me and not one they just want to offload and me not knowing any better just buying it because the guy in the shop says so to make a sale.

i doubt you'll find that. haved a chat with the person helping you, find out if they ride, most do, and won't sell another biker a duff..

but have a budget in mind, otherwise you could be targetted with something more than you can afford..

once you've tried some on and have an idea of size, then you can shop around, if you want..

if you don't like it, you can always leave the shop, they can't force a sale..

Hiya mate, and welcome :thumb:

Normally, a motorcycle shop take the issue of a supplying a good fitting helmet seriously. You'll know if your being spun a line......

Tip: Try more than one shop!!! And don't be in a hurry to spend your money...

Edit : And i moved this into here for you :)

Thanks for the advice.

Will head down to North harbour and have a look and chat with them. I suppose if I dont trust or feel comfortable i can just turn around and leave.

Cheers folks