Hot weather - What to wear?

Was out for over 5 hours Saturday afternoon, although the weather wasn't that hot. The EDZ were really comfortable and you forget you're wearing them. I still got quite warm but they did a great job of keeping the sweat away and stopping me sticking to the liners of my textiles. Had a short run out yesterday in the afternoon sun too and it did make a noticeable difference in keeping me cooler. Will never keep from sweating in the height of summer but they certainly help and are money well spent :thumb:

Good to see others getting results.

EDZ and other base layers work best with leathers though as they tend to be more breathable. My leathers are vented (have holes) so after a couple of mins of sitting still and getting hot, once you start moving they really cool down well, much better than when I wear them under my textiles as the textiles are not as vented.

i wear leather trousers and textile jacket

i own a one piece leather but dont wear it, as its just too hot for it imo.

My one piece is more vented than my everyday gear so when riding this is a lot cooler, just don`t want to stop thats the problem.

ah, so leather is in fact hotter than textile in summer? I've got a textile jacket and was absolutely baking after just 20 mins of city driving, only wearing a vest top underneath, and jeans on the bottom. I had assumed leather might be cooler?

after this weekend, defo not a norwegian fleece roll neck with long sleeve running top under a leather jacket and ron hills under leather jeans, with woolen socks..

BBC weather 60% chance of rain, my Harris..

luckily i had a tank bag to stuff the fleece in..

Snap there mate, I had all my waterproofs in my rucksack due to BBC weather forecast. We stopped at a Mc Craps on the way home and boy was I wet through with sweat. Not a pretty site. :mrgreen:

So do we think EDZ style wear would work for keeping you cooler/dryer under standard textile clothing?

I'm finding myself in a dilemma in this lovely weather purely because in the car I can wear t-shirts / shorts and have the windows down.

Doing my 40 mile commute to work on the bike in dark textiles doesn't appeal greatly because it's so hot!

ah, so leather is in fact hotter than textile in summer? I've got a textile jacket and was absolutely baking after just 20 mins of city driving, only wearing a vest top underneath, and jeans on the bottom. I had assumed leather might be cooler?

Depends on the leathers in question.

My one piece suit is much cooler than my textiles, I wear base layers with both.

Red, a good base layer (EDZ) will keep you cooler whatever you wear, however how cool that actually is will depend on your kit. for example I would rate from hottest to coolest as follows.

Textile jacket vents closed

Textile jacket vents open

Leathers

Kevlar Jeans + mesh jacket

As I bore everyone with time and time again, you just cant beat a good base layer in all conditions, it will improve your comfort whatever you wear, but dont expect it to change the laws of physics, if you have an unvented textile jacket your skin will leak whatever you do.

Mark has a good point, I`ve said before my one piece is a lot cooler to ride in than my normal leathers because of the improved venting system, namely holes in the front panels and along the arms. It is however incredibly hot if you`re not riding. So for just ride outs I tend to wear that or if I`m stopping for any length of time the jacket and trousers go on. Don`t forget that darker colours absorb heat, lighter colours reflect it.

I wear a dark textile jacket with vents that are unzipped and the EDZ base layer has made a noticeable difference. It still gets pretty hot, especially when stopped but at least the linings don't stick to my skin any more. Highly recommend long sleeves and full length leggings from EDZ. Nice when you take off your jacket and the breeze makes you feel cold :)