Need a rubber button thingy

Mightycaz

Hi, I hop you like the title!!

I need to get a new rubber button for my Odometer/trip meter, i took the instrument panel off last night and although the button works it is very intermittent. The button itself is a sealed rubber tube type unit and i cant see a way of getting inside it so fix the connection without breaking the seal. I just found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-VL125-VL-1 ... 1|294%3A50 on fleabay and was wondering if it is worth buyin the whole lot to scavenge the button out of the panel?

Any help would be appreciated

i tried calling one today and they said it wasnt a spare part they would stock and without a part number they couldnt get me one! It was Bill Smiths I called tbf so i didnt expect too much help. Gonna take it off again tomorrow and see if i can get inside and seal it back up somehow.

There used to be a bike breaker in rivulet road wrexham

round the back of the beast market car park,

you know the one, the old asda car park,,

go round the corner where the toilets used to be,,

down the dip & turn left,,

toilets might still be there, don't know, not been to wxm for yrs,,

could be a good chance, you'll get one there :wink:

Don't reall know Wrexham too well but im sure i can find it if needed, thanks :cheers:

I got the whole unit off again today and was able to take the button apart, It looks like some water has got inside and corroded the contact underneath the buttton. I gave it a good clean with some WD40 and got some movement back into it and it makes a click sound again when it is depressed. Still doesn't change the display though, so I am assuming that the curcit board of the button itself is no longer carrying a current. Gonna watch the auction i posted before and probably buy that. Suppose a few spares never go a miss!!

Thanks for the link. :cheers:

I called and they knew what i was looking for, But the part I am looking for isn't available as a spare. Because it is part of the wiring curcit it is only sold as 1 whole unit, £44.99 + VAT, think ill just buy all the spares off Ebay for £20, pair of foot pegs in there too and mine are lookin very well used! 8-)

I won the auction, £14.00 + £10 P&P. So £24.00 for all those spares is quite good I think, Ill use the instrument panel and the foot rests as the rubber on mine is a bit shoddy. Dont really know what the other bits are but im sure ill find some use for em!