Looking for luggage

Planning a camping trip to Ireland at end of Sept.

Wont be taking tent on my bike but away for 4 days so .......usual basics, jeans, waterproofs, couple changes of top, toiletries, undies, etc etc ..........and yes I'm female so build that into the equation :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bike is an SV 650 s with a cover where rear seat should be. Almost non-existant stowage space inside.

As a new rider dont fancy a rucksack .will have enough to think about.

Tank bag and tail bag seems the best option,not sure if panniers would work with exhaust?????

Concerned about tank bag as Im only 5'5" and ....well...... :yay:......may get in way!!! Heard about problems seeing speedo etc. (cos of tank bag not :yay: lol)

At that time of year will almost certainly need good waterproofing. :roll:

Thinking about it now as have (very) limited budget and plan to be evil baying for silly bargains.

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations much appreciated....cheers :cheers:

i recently used these on a recent 500mile trip. it poured with rain on the way back but nothing got wet inside :o

you can buy any combinationof tank, tail bag or panniers. i used the paniers and tank bag. the paniers expand to give loads of holding space. i don't get on with the tail pack as i can't get my leg up high enough to get on the bike :cry:

panniers should be okay unless you have a high level exhaust, me and TC ran with panniers for the Rally.. and a tank bank is ok, can still see the clocks with mine.. also a tail pack would be an idea, but put a duster or small towel down first..

if you dont want to buy just yet, i'm sure i could let you borrow mine for the trip..

oh whatever you get get some HD bin bags and bag everything up first to waterproof..

As a new rider dont fancy a rucksack .will have enough to think about.

Tank bag and tail bag seems the best option,not sure if panniers would work with exhaust?????Concerned about tank bag as Im only 5'5",,and ....well...... :yay:......may get in way!!! Heard about problems seeing speedo etc. (cos of tank bag not :yay: lol)

33ssmobi.jpg.77356e262c57dc7075cc73408022d175.jpg

SV with Soft Luggage

from the picture a tail pack would be better than a tank bag,... just need to feed your leg between the pack and tank.. rather than swing it over.. unless your a gymnast... can get smaller tank bags though, haven't had a problem with mine, and gives you somewhere for a map, to rest on..

Harley Davidson make bin bags?!

Probably............ :lol:

Thanx everybody ............Buzz I couldnt find your listing....it still on?

Still laughing at the mental image of Simon threading his leg thru the .......? or was it between the....?

Oh and as for the 'female' digs ..youre probably spot on but............ :up: :up: anyway.

:cheers: