Silverstone 2010

Guest WideEyedFox

I'm thinking of going to Silverstone next year for the MotoGP. I'll probably book the 3 days in a premium stand, just in case the weather is sheite.

Looking at the map - I cannot decide where to sit on the Sunday - Woodcote (final bend before start/finish line) or Copse (first bend after start/finish line). I will move around for the 2 days running up to the race, but on race day... experience counts.

So - who's been, and where it the best place to sit?

It will need to be close to the loo's as I'll have my kids with me as my youngest is a big BIG Rossi fan, and this is part of his Birthday pressie next year.

right you want to be in the stand at the start of the straight so you can see the twisties just beefore and they always put a big screen up there as well

Thanks.

So the Woodcote stand (map attached) should be the best place to be to see the action then? I don't want to pay £400+ for 3 days and not see much on the actual day :lol:

silverstone2010.jpg.f15029f9a2548918faec5dffbcf483c3.jpg

Oh yes forgot they were changing the track for the GP boys woodcote is where i norm sit but track will be diff in 2010 so would scout around for the big screens and then mark ya spot, also are you aware that silverstone camping is not on site but a mile ish down the road

Oh yes forgot they were changing the track for the GP boys woodcote is where i norm sit but track will be diff in 2010 so would scout around for the big screens and then mark ya spot, also are you aware that silverstone camping is not on site but a mile ish down the road

Cheers.

RE Camping - I don't have any gear and will be with my kids - so it will be brick tents with soft beds, a coffee maker and room service :lol: Either a local hotel or B&B for 2 nights.

From what they say the Arena section will be where to go... you will be able to see across to Maggotts, Becketts and the other one... sorry my brain fails me and you will be able to see the bikes come right past you.... looks like it's all grandstands though so might be pricey. :(

Hope you have a good one though

All booked *gulp*

£421 with booking fee's and postage for 2 adults and 2 children sitting in aisle seats, row D in Woodcote.

Is it too early to get excited? :lol:

My youngest is going to go mental now for the next 270 days. He's a big Vale fan. At home, for the duration of the race he stands in front of the TV yelling "GO ON ROSSI!", (and other, not so nice things about the other riders) and he's only 7. :lol:

I now need to start saving for the merchandise he'll want. :shock:

421 quid? Is that with or without champagne and caviar? :shock:

Without - thankfully, as I hate both. Give me a Dr Pepper and a bag of chilli heatwave Doritos any day.

I know it's expensive - but it's a part Birthday pressie for my son and I. He keeps up with the MotoGP more than I do. I wanted the covered stands just in case the weather is terrible (Britain in June is anyone's guess).

Its not so bad, I take it that was for all three days. Friday, Saturday and Sunday... only about £35 per ticket per day.

Haven't you seen on MCN... Rossi said he's retiring at the end of the season. :lol: Just kidding.

Should be good tickets enjoy, Although I think your tickets will allow you pretty much anywhere apart from the paddock and other grandstands so if the weather is good maybe go for a walk around the track and check out other nice viewing points. Enjoy.