Bike misfiring.

hurtank

i think my bike is misfiring. i did a little research and the symptoms are similer

Basically. my problem is. i recently got my road bike back with a few engine adjustments. and since then. after running for about an hour. my bike. at low revs. starts to sputter untill its above 30 MPH. i dnno whats causing the problem. i will get a video of it but it sounds like the engine is dying. its all brand new parts in the engine exept my gearbox. and im worried becuase i just splashed out 340 quid on it. :(

lol i cant. shops not open till monday. i would rather not go back though. i checked my spark plug today becuase someone told me it could be that. and its not the original spark plug :S

also i was told that alot of MX bikes often have pressure build up in the petrol tank where there quite highly revved so i opened the cap a little it made a small diffrence.

ok small update. i tried running with my choke fully on so it seems to be a fuel issue. luckily. i have a carb built for a 125CC engine ready to stick into my bike. i hope to god this works. i changed spark plug and put a new breather pipe on my petty tank to no avail. only other think i could think would be a valve making a popping noise :(

also whilst im here. im thinking on putting a smaller sprocket on the back of my bike. if i get a pic could anyone reccomend me something?

also whilst im here. im thinking on putting a smaller sprocket on the back of my bike. if i get a pic could anyone reccomend me something?

what bike do you have?

you want a smaller sproket on the rear or front???

if your going to change any sprockets you should really change the chain as well unless the chain is like new.

if you just put a small sprocket on the back without changing the front then it will just slow down you acceleration but give you slighty better top end.

change the front sprocket along with the back to sort this out.

:thumb:

it was attacked to a sorta bracket thingy on my shed. its hard to explain. but no. it was ripped off the shed and has gone with the bike :(. im looking at 125's now :'( just more fcuking money really isnt it? im looking for a decent 125 thats gnna last me a few years. im planning to get a new bike when i manage to get a job as a full time fire fighter.