Kelso

Guest Nickki

Guest Nickki

Anybody else going? - i'll be riding back alone as the 2 i'm going with are touring scotland!!

BMF KELSO BIKEFEST GOES TWO DAY!

15th – 16th July, Springwood Park, Kelso, 10am – 5pm

Kelso Bikefest, now in its seventh year at this popular Scottish venue, has gained an enviable reputation as much more than a bike show, so much so that this year it’s also gained an extra day and becomes a two-day event!

Set in border country, the BMF’s Kelso Bikefest is held in Kelso’s Springwood Park on the banks of the river Tweed, renowned as being in fantastic biking country and a sure-fire draw for many from south of the border.

The main arena this year features James Dylan’s Stuntworld offering a spectacular mix of huge jumps, wheelies, fire, explosions, and brilliant comedy routines. Freestyle motocross team UK FMX on the other hand will using their specially constructed angled ramp to soar 30-40 feet in the air whilst running through a whole catalogue of spectacular aerial aerobatics.

Not to be outdone, Denny Dobson returns to Kelso with the Denny Dobson Air Display to put on a show even the high-flying UK FMX can’t match! More down to earth will be Sunday’s Bicycle Long Jump. Safer for the amateur than using a motocross bike, the aim is still to jump as far as you can and there’s trophies and prize money too of £50, £75 and £100.

Scotland wouldn’t be Scotland without bagpipes and by popular demand, the Kelso Pipe Band also returns. There will be top bikes on display for the Best in Show competition and there will be plenty of trade stands too.

For all those camping over the weekend, there are live bands and a disco on the Friday and Saturday plus organised ride outs through the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside, something not to be missed.

Kelso welcomes Bikefest and as it will be in the midst of its Civic Week, there is plenty also going on in the town itself. Kelso really is an event not to be missed!

Guest Ninja-Bear

Let me give that question the deep and meaningful consideration it deserves...NO ! :lol: :lol: :wink: Might have a look up though, is it a weekend ?

Guest Ninja-Bear

Cool is only 80 miles for me ! Wanna drop in here for a cuppa if we go or not ? If we do go will ride up rest of way with you :wink:

Guest Nickki

Sure - I'm riding up with 2 mates, camping next to the same 2 reprobates, and on the sunday the're starting a weeks tour of scotland and i'll be riding home alone :cry:

Guest Ninja-Bear

Aw there there ! We we can accompany you up and if you call in on way back I'm sure if its nice Diane wouldn't mind a ride south with you for a bit to the next stop, Thirsk maybe ? Or where ever