turn-table info

oldsoul

Hi all

tryin to find a turn-table to turn my st1100 pan 180 degrees to back it into the garage (I cant drag it out backwards :roll: :oops: ) and i aint got any room so 10+ point turns are a no no and after the iffy look from the wife, the noise and the thought of dropping it of the centre stand :cry: ,i’ve gotta sort something out at the moment am riping into the concrete floor with the stand

thanks

Hi all

tryin to find a turn-table to turn my st1100 pan 180 degrees to back it into the garage (I cant drag it out backwards :roll: :oops: ) and i aint got any room so 10+ point turns are a no no and after the iffy look from the wife, the noise and the thought of dropping it of the centre stand :cry: ,i’ve gotta sort something out at the moment am riping into the concrete floor with the stand

thanks

have you got enough room to spin it around... i.e the length, but width ways, otherwise a turntable is of no-use.. and if you can't drag it out backwards, why don't you PUT IT IN backwards... i have to back the bike into the yard, so i can ride out..

I quite like the look of that little disk thing that you put the centre stand on and spin it all around. I'm also now wondering if I could make my own...I guess the ingredients/recipe would be something like:

- 2 circles of steel, about 300 to 400mm in width with a hole in the centre

- 2 lengths of 2 or 3mm steel that will be curved into a perfect circle (pre-curved?)

- lots of ball bearings

- MIG welder

- A nut

- A bolt

- Some tough rubber non-slip matting and spray adhesive to stick to the steel circles

I reckon you could sandwich the two lengths of steel between the two circles, one inside the other. Before putting the top circle on you'd put all the ball bearings in the 'canal' that the two lengths of steel have made. Put the top circle on, use the nut and bolt to make sure it stays in place, and give it a spin.

...Now to find someone that has a MIG welder and knows what they're doing.......

or this if you're a real cheap skate

Looks good but one day it'd just fall on me when the side-stand snaps and I'd be trapped for weeks :(

thats a small race rep, not a Pan, and he has no fairing, i wonder how that happened... lol

I quite like the look of that little disk thing that you put the centre stand on and spin it all around. I'm also now wondering if I could make my own...I guess the ingredients/recipe would be something like:

- 2 circles of steel, about 300 to 400mm in width with a hole in the centre

- 2 lengths of 2 or 3mm steel that will be curved into a perfect circle (pre-curved?)

- lots of ball bearings

- MIG welder

- A nut

- A bolt

- Some tough rubber non-slip matting and spray adhesive to stick to the steel circles

I reckon you could sandwich the two lengths of steel between the two circles, one inside the other. Before putting the top circle on you'd put all the ball bearings in the 'canal' that the two lengths of steel have made. Put the top circle on, use the nut and bolt to make sure it stays in place, and give it a spin.

...Now to find someone that has a MIG welder and knows what they're doing.......

Two circles well greased works 8-)