Going to view a bike

Guest paledude101

Hey guys.

Before I begin, I realise there are some top quality buying guides on here, and I have done what I can to read them and take note of the points made, but I'm still incredibly anxious about viewing a bike, especially since the one i'm currently looking at isn't restricted and I therefore can't give it a test ride.

So, as long as all goes to plan I should be going to view a bike in Luton on Saturday, from the pictures I've seen it seems to be pretty well looked after and in good nick, though I still aim to try and make myself as fully aware to any less obvious faults as much as I can. It's all taxed and MOT'd up to early/mid next year (respectively), so I'll be aiming to use that as a point to mention for haggling as they aren't done for a full year.

It is the model of bike I've really been wanting (Kawasaki GPZ500s), and I'm hoping after sitting on it, it will feel right, just sad that I can't get a test ride as it would need to be restricted, though luckily since it is being sold from a garage, they can do the job for me if I choose to buy it within a couple of days.

Anyway, I've tried to mention all that I know about the bike in the hopes some of you may be able to point out some extra bits and bobs for me to look out for and make sure I make the right choice on buying it.

Thanks in advance for any of your help :)

James

Well my dad's kindly going to drive me down from uni, and he used to ride bikes ALONG time ago. And he knows lots about engines and stuff, though doesn't have too much experience with newer bikes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated though ^^