security accessories.

ok after having a bike with only 2000 miles on the clock stolen im getting a new kinda bike, a hairdryer with wheels to be precise. but still im nervous about having it stolen and i dont wanna claim on insurance so im going all out. i have places to anchor my bike at work and at college but not at home, so i was thinking on getting

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 418760.htm

Attached to our pattio i know for a moped it might seem OTT but after having one bike robbed im a little nervous, does anyone have any experience with Oxford ground anchors and are they reliable?

Also for 15 quid i cant really go wrong aslong as it works :)

does anyone have any experience with Oxford ground anchors and are they reliable?

Also for 15 quid i cant really go wrong aslong as it works :)

I think you answered your own question there :P

but bogof will it be reliable? the bolts dont look very big :S also do i bolt it into the pattio the wall or what?

Any will be better than none. The best security device is visual, as its the fact that a thief sees it that will usually put them off. Opportunist thieves are lazy so will always target the least protected items. Houses with alarms fitted don't get burgled 'cos they have a dirty great bellbox on the front. Padlock a fluorescent chain through your front wheel. Doesn't actually have to be attached to anything else, casual thief will see it and walk on to the next one.

How substantial is the wall? Bear in mind that if the patio is slabs, there won't be a lot to bolt into, usually just the thickness of the slab.

as long as you dont fix it to your shed, you should have a more secure bike.. and if your fiiting it to a patio then go for the centre of a slab, and slabs can be broken easily with a hammer...

mines fitted to a wall and probably no more expensive than that one..

its a one layer brick wall, its around the bottom of my conservatory. also my last protection was attached to my shed.... i learnt my lesson. im going all out this time got a disc lock, chain lock, getting a ground anchor and im gnna weld the wheels to the floor when im not riding it :P

its a one layer brick wall, its around the bottom of my conservatory. also my last protection was attached to my shed.... i learnt my lesson. im going all out this time got a disc lock, chain lock, getting a ground anchor and im gnna weld the wheels to the floor when im not riding it :P

Cable tie the front brake lever, and forget the ground anchor, chain it to your wheelie bin.