Module 1 today

Well here it is again!! I'm off out to do my module 1 today after failing the last one. It's at 5pm and it's currently raining which means it will be dark and wet!!

Did practice in rain the other day and it was fine, not issues there, did practice in the dark last night and that was a bit harder as the cones aren't reflective.

Hoping it will all be fine though!!! Wish me luck!!!

Did you pass???

it wasn't supposed to be until 5pm, but its been cancelled because apparently it's too dark to do it. Waiting for a reschedule but they mentioned tomorrow morning at 8am!!

Well, unless it's well lit, I guess I can see thier point...did they forget the clocks werechanging on Sat just gone? lol.

Well, if it's tomorrow..good luck for tomorrow morning :)

well up here it gets dark very quickly....and earlier than down south. Its quite dull and dusky here now.

I think it's more that they thought it might be ok, but the examiner said he wasn't happy with how quickly the dark came in last night and H&S wouldn't cover them if something went wrong. Waiting for a phone call back now to confirm the time for tomorrow.

Its unusual as the test space is in a public car park, so they have to wait until out of hours before they can do the tests.

Unlucky, good luck for when ever you take it next! :mrgreen:

cheers, its tomorrow at 8am!!! nice early start for me then :mrgreen:

Hehe i gotta leave at 8am for an hours ride to do my Mod 1 at 9:30 :)

Unlucky, good luck for when ever you take it next! :mrgreen:

cheers, its tomorrow at 8am!!! nice early start for me then :mrgreen:

Hehe i gotta leave at 8am for an hours ride to do my Mod 1 at 9:30 :)

Lol early starts for us tomorrow then!!! Good Luck mate

Man im really shitting my self now :shock:

You are definitely not alone!!! have you had a lot of practice?? I've done a few hours worth but I'm a little worried as my Avoidance speeds are not completely consistent.....hopefully I only need to get it right the once though!!

Only on my street, no real practice at the avoidance- only just man hole covers lol.

A beer has helped lol.

Main concern is that it takes an hour to get there, and just to fail 5mins in really takes the piss TBH.

yeah know what you mean. Least you will be warmed up from riding first. One of the problems I found last time was that I had to jump on the bike and do all this and it takes me a little while to get comfy on the bike.

I'm sure we will both be fine!! My instructor says if I get there early enough I MAY get a warm up on the cones before the examiner gets there....so I'm going to get there nice and early lol

Only on my street, no real practice at the avoidance- only just man hole covers lol.

A beer has helped lol.

Main concern is that it takes an hour to get there, and just to fail 5mins in really takes the piss TBH.

don't have too much ale the night before, get a good nights sleep, and think positively, ensure you have more than enough time to get there, arriving late will put you on edge and in the wrong mindset and harm your chances, get there with time to compose yourself and relax... if your using your own bike make sure you have done your checks, and make sure you have fuel and been to the bathroom.

and an hour to get there to fail, think positively and it will take you an hour to get there and PASS...

failing to prepare is preparing to fail...

A beer has helped lol.

don't have too much ale the night before, get a good nights sleep, and think positively, ensure you have more than enough time to get there, arriving late will put you on edge and in the wrong mindset and harm your chances, get there with time to compose yourself and relax... if your using your own bike make sure you have done your checks, and make sure you have fuel and been to the bathroom.

and an hour to get there to fail, think positively and it will take you an hour to get there and PASS...

All good advice. I'm off to bed quite early tonight to I'm fresh for the morning. Got all my paperwork ready and have spoken to the bike nicely!!! WE WILL PASS TOMORROW :up:

Well I did it!!!! I passed!!!!! I'm so happy right now!!!

I got a clean sheet too, no faults and did 53 on the avoidance, 59 on the E-Stop!!!!

Got to calm down as I'm back out for 11 to practice for the Module 2 which I have booked for tomorrow!!

How did yours go Chris?? Hope it was similarly celebratory!!

I PASSED TOO YAY :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A beer has helped lol.

Lol thanks WF.

Thing is i had 1 beer, about 5 hrs sleep (couldnt get to sleep :shock: ) i did think positively and left with plenty of time to spare (had to wait there 15 mins)

You are correct about being late, i was late last time and totally put me out of mind set.

Got 50km on both part, first part i for some reason, accelerate more after the cones, dunno why lol.

MORE BEER :cheers: :cheers:

Well done for passing too :mrgreen:

EDIT: No faults either :)