Using my 2-way radios as bike-to-bike intercom

Hey I have 2 of these radios and it's my friend's birthday on Wednesday; he's going to be getting a Bandit 600 with his savings + birthday scrimpings. So we'll be able to go for rides together and would like the luxury of talking to one and other. Now these old 2-ways I have do have a VOX function (voice activated instead of push to talk), and the oregon scientific website have headsets that will plug into the radios also. Question is, will these headsets be any good (I'm kind of leaning towards the idea that they would be no good on a motorcycle going 70mph+, seeing as how much some places charge for noise cancelling mics) and if not what will fit the connections on the radios so they are suitable? The connection on the radio looks like half the size of a 3.5mm jack lead so I'm not sure what else'll fit it?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I think the general rule is the VOX isn't suitable for 60+ mph.

I had a Chatterbox rider-to-pillion set which just gave up the ghost at normal road speed but was good for around town.

Akey and Roadtorque are probably the best sources of information on this subject.

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of PMR446 radios (these) with m/c headsets for just this purpose. They came with a PTT button to clip onto the bars, rather than relying on voice activation.

They worked OK up to about 30 mph, above which the wind noise made speech unintelligible.

We replaced the simple headsets with Autocom Logic-L1 systems instead, which come with much better headsets and effective noise reduction. Problem solved, albeit at a price.