Rossi and Ducati....Yes again!

awwwnuts

No explanation, but it puts yamaha in a difficult posistion. What do you do, Lorenzo is the future, but then you lose Rossi, and the marketing machine that comes with him, not to mention the development expertise.

Do you let Lorenzo go and move Spies up?

I would love to see Rossi go to Ducati, If only to see if he can ride it.

Also goes to show that all the we are not speaking to Ducati was bullsheet. Jerry let me see that plane ticket :lol:

The BBC2 Interview

Rossi hands ultimatum to Yamaha

Rossi (left) and Lorenzo may not be team-mates beyond next season

World champion Valentino Rossi has hinted he will leave Yamaha if they do not drop Jorge Lorenzo in 2011.

Italian Rossi, who won his ninth world crown this year, has also revealed he could switch allegiance to Ducati.

Lorenzo recently signed a new one-year deal with the Japanese firm but Rossi does not think there is room for the two riders in the same team.

"Yamaha have to decide between me and Jorge for 2011," Rossi told BBC Two. "I have a great option to join Ducati."

The pair have fought some incredible battles on the track this season, with the 30-year-old Rossi coming out on top and clinching the title with one race left of the campaign.

Spaniard Lorenzo, 22, has been Rossi's closest rival this year and went into the last race of the year at Valencia needing one point to seal the runner's up spot in the championship.

But Lorenzo has said that he has not always felt appreciated at Yamaha and revealed he had received offers from other manufacturers before signing his new deal.

Now Rossi, who signed a two-year deal with Yamaha in August 2008, has made it clear he could make a switch.

"I am not sure 100% if I will stay with Yamaha," said Rossi. "It depends on what happens next year. It depends on my performance and the fight with Jorge Lorenzo and the decision of Yamaha for 2011.

"I could change bike, ride for Ducati and try to win the world championship with an Italian bike. That would be a great motivation.

"But I prefer at this moment to stay with Yamaha because the love between me and Yamaha, our relationship, is something special.

"To change bike would feel unfaithful. So for Yamaha it is important that I finish my career with them and for me it is also important. "

Why would he want to get shut of Lorenzo I wonder, would he be any better off riding in a team with stoner??

did he say why he doesnt want to be in a team with Lorenzo?

Wasn't it in the press a few weeks ago that Rossi was pee'd with yamaha and lorenzo because all the developments he was making were going straight into lorenzo's bike as well? Or something similar.

Why would he want to get shut of Lorenzo I wonder, would he be any better off riding in a team with stoner??

did he say why he doesnt want to be in a team with Lorenzo?

Wasn't it in the press a few weeks ago that Rossi was pee'd with yamaha and lorenzo because all the developments he was making were going straight into lorenzo's bike as well? Or something similar.

Ah sour grapes is the mighty one a tad scared?

They should go into Lorenzos bike as well there bloody team mates am sure if Lorenzos side of the garage came up with something Vale could use he'd want it.

I would say if you want to go, just go if not shut up and get on with it and do your talking on the track!

Its a strange one this. Rossi is not only backing Yamaha into a corner, but also himself. If Lorenzo goes on his own accord, people are going to say its because Rossi dictated it, and he's running the shop. If Yamaha keeps Lorenzo then Rossi has gone online saying he won't stay, and that's put him in the frame. Yes the Ducati is strong in Stoners hands, but everyone else struggles, and we all know a bike can be good one year, and an absolute dog the next.

It seems strange Rossi went on camera saying these things right now. You would have thought he would have waited till the middle of next season, and seen how things panned out with Lorenzo at Yamaha, and how Pedrosa pans out at Honda. Poor results for Pedrosa and I see Lorenzo being a big target for HRC

You have to wonder what motivation he requires at this stage in his career. The biggest one I see is Aggo's record, and he is on record saying he would love to reach it on an Italian bike. Could that be it?

Either way I would love to know the salary he was offered, bet its more than they offered Lorenzo, and that was eye watering.

Maybe he will go to Moto 2 ......It will after all be the only premiership championship he hasn't won :roll: