yet another problem with my bike topic

pinki-88

when i was riding home tonite i could smell burning and i just thought it was muck on the engine or something. i carried on and about half a mile from home the FI (fuel injection) light came on.

any ideas what could be wrong?

i still have warrenty from cmc's but cant get there till saturday so will the bike be alrite to get me around until then?

cheers

in a word NO, if you carry on you may invalidate the warranty, and the problem might be small, but with burning smells, either carry a fire extinguisher, or leave it until it can be looked at...

I had to take TheWifes ER6 to work this week. Same thing happened to me. workshop manual suggests it can happen when exposed to electrical interference. The thinking behind this being, if there is a actually a problem, the light shouldn't go out.

what kind of electrical interference? ive out some heated grips on would that affect it?

and im pretty sure the burning smell isnt serious as ive just wiped loads of dirt from the bottom of the bike.

i shall go to cmc's tomorrow anyway to see what they say

its funny you should say that, I wondered the very same. Be interested to see what cmc say. It's happened twice to my knowledge, both times with the heated grips running... (on the wifes bike i mean)

what kind of electrical interference? ive out some heated grips on would that affect it?

and im pretty sure the burning smell isnt serious as ive just wiped loads of dirt from the bottom of the bike.

i shall go to cmc's tomorrow anyway to see what they say

could've been road wash on the exhaust... but take it easy until you an get a look at it..

I get a horrible burning smell sometimes too :? I cant figure out what it is!

Was especially bad when the water on the radiator was steaming like a bloody fire! Maybe just needs a clean?

I'll be giving it a once over on the weekend, see if i can find the cause :)