mod 1 expiring same time as CBT?

Hmmm seems a bit odd... i mean what if you do your CBT and then decide to do your mod1 with only a few months left of CBT, this means mod1 only last a few months??.. Do you have any links to official notification of this... not that i dont believe you but would be good to see a linky to DSA site. Fankoo.

Hmmm seems a bit odd... i mean what if you do your CBT and then decide to do your mod1 with only a few months left of CBT, this means mod1 only last a few months??.. Do you have any links to official notification of this... not that i dont believe you but would be good to see a linky to DSA site. Fankoo.

It is important that the holder of a DL196 considers the following points:

* a DL196 certificate entitlement lasts for two years - CBT will have to be retaken if both theory and practical tests are not passed within the two year certificate life

* for moped entitlement only, if you pass your car driving test whilst your DL196 is still current or complete a CBT course and obtain a DL196 after passing your car test, the certificate is not subject to expiry, you will therefore need to keep your DL196 certificate safely. Please note that this applies to mopeds only, for riding motorcycles as a learner the DL196 remains valid for two years

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/DG_4022430

That doesn't actually say the Mod1 e.t.c. needs renewing too! Read it carefully. It just says the CBT needs to be renewed.

You're right, I didn't read the question and the preceding posts properly.

The Mod 1 and Mod 2 are tied to the theory test date, which is valid for 2 years. You must pass both within 2 years of theory or take the whole lot again. The CBT date is irrelevant other than it must be valid at the time of taking both modules.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_178328

To pass the practical motorcycle test you need to pass its two separate modules within two years of passing your motorcycle theory test. The first module will test you doing set manoeuvres on the motorcycle in a safe off-road area. The second module is the on-road test.