Just Got Home From Training! Some Good, Bad, and Funny point

Guest Sean

Had a great day to be honest, weather held off for most of the day :D

Road riding section went ok, I've picked up loads of bad habits though, Lack of shoulder checks, mirror checks, lane disciplline, speed, late braking etc etc after a while on the road I was getting back to test standard though. On the dual carrigeways I realised how ridiculously slow my 125 is. It was doing 55-60 on the flat with no wind.

Anyway, as we're going down one of the dual carrigeways, I feel my bike start to cough and splutter, and it eventually just cut out. I'd forgotten to fill up with fuel in the morning. Good job I've got a reserve tank. So, after my 'I've got no fuel warning light' excuse, and a slight bit of embarassment, we were on our way again.

The Module 1 training was surprisingly easy though, I didn't put a foot down or hit a cone all day :D well chuffed. The Swerve isn't too bad either! I'm more worried about getting up to speed than the actual swerve itself. I could only get up to about 25 through the cones today. The instructor said I would have more space to get up to speed on the acual course.

Got my Mod1 on Monday morning, and then gotta book my Mod 2.

Looking forward to it!

Is it possible to do training (and the mod1) on one of the schools 500c bikes?

Youll find getting up to speed much easier obviously.

I did a practice at the mod 1 recently and i didnt do as good as i expected :( but after a couple of runs i was getting through the cones at a decent speed.

Not sure about the 125's but on the 500cc i just kept it in 2nd gear which made it easier to get to 30.

Good luck anyhoo :D

Nah you can only do your training on a 500 if you're doing your DAS, which I can't, because I'm only 19.

I've gotta do my Mod 1 and Mod 2 on my own 125. I'm actually quite pleased about it really, I'm used to my 125 whereas if I was to move onto a 500, I think I would have trouble getting used to the extra weight, different bite on the clutch etc

Early night tonight anyway!

Passed!!!

No faults, chuffed to bits

Phoned up a minute ago to book my mod 2 but they haven't got any days available for my days off :shock:

Gonna phone in a few days to see if there's any cancellations, otherwise I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks I think.

Happy days anyway!