Mince pies at Matlock Sunday 13th Dec

TC

I should be attending, I got permission last night from the wife, 'as long as it's not raining' she said. She worries about me after the accident the other week. Who'd have thought it hey, she loves me after all... that or she's not got the life insurance sorted yet. ;)

If they are being so tight about bike parking then shall we do what Bex suggested in the older thread and each take a parking bay per bike rather than sharing them? Hopefully if we get enough attending and we mug those that aren't with us we can fill the car park with just bikes and tell the car drivers to go and question the parking attendants why they can't park.

Why not just park in the bit by the road? Are you actually going to be there more than 2 hours?

Wish I could go, not had a proper run on the bike in ages...but I'm working this weekend :( :(

Why not just park in the bit by the road? Are you actually going to be there more than 2 hours?

Wish I could go, not had a proper run on the bike in ages...but I'm working this weekend :( :(

As far as I'm aware the carpark is traditionally were we've always parked... for free, so now they demanding we pay I think it's only fair to protest park in there. End of the day it's only a quid but it's the principle of it. Bikers are what make Matlock, Matlock in my opinion.

Is it likely to be wardened on a cold sunday?

I don't care where we park, but if I end up going and we park there I will take up an entire bay ;)

How about we all pay £2 and park our bikes perpendicularly across two bays. :D

Why dont we just pay and not let all this parking thing take over from the general idea of the meet....

Do they sell mince pies or should i bake some and bring them? :)

Keeping with the festivities ill be bringing Turkey butties :)

Ooo yummy!! Can I have cranberry sauce with mine please!!

So I finally get to meet rick.... should be interesting!! haha :mrgreen:

I doubt a few mince pies will weigh you down techno!

C'mon Vicki, make a batch... they taste so much better than shop bought (ok, there is an exception... I get an annual delivery from Bentley Cakes near Sherwood Forest... those mince pies are to die for).

Im aiming to come though I dont know my way to the fish pond pub. I do know how to get right stuck into Matlock bath however...

If Im able to come which is looking likely atm I will need TC to lead my in either by us meeting up at the cat and fiddle or similar if thats possible. Think Ill take this to pms :)

Also Mince pies are epic... ONLY when the mince has been mashed. I dont like munching down and getting a crunch or getting the full sultanas etc. They are just yucky to chew on. Grinded mince ftw! My Grandma makes potentially the best in the world!

But will sample Vickis if she brings some. :thumb:

I'm meeting TC in stockport for 10am

I'm sure we can meet up with you somewhere along the way.

Make sure he tells you the right McD's - I went to a different one on Mikey's Meet.

wasn't expecting this early a start :shock: ah well, can sleep until dinner on the monday :D

What time are people metting at the pond then? Also anyone coming from Lincoln way?

Hey, I'm coming from Nottingham but instead of going the A610 route I'll stick to the A52 through Derby, up to Ashbourne and then Matlock from there. It's a nicer ride than the pretty much straight A610.

I'm meeting TC in stockport for 10am

I'm sure we can meet up with you somewhere along the way.

Make sure he tells you the right McD's - I went to a different one on Mikey's Meet.

thats just your navigating para, we (TC, Gareth, Me) stopped by McD's in Stockport on the way back from TMBF Olympics, so its probably the same one

Vicki... just a thought (yeah sorry, mince pies again)... maybe you could make a load and we'll buy them off you and it can go towards running the site :)