California Superbike School - Level 1

Netmeister

just been watching a few videos of the brands hatch indy circuit and well... it looks so short! Dont you get bored of just going round the same 4 corners? They all look like fairly similar corners as well, just long sweeping ones (probably not in real life but thats what they all look like on the videos) - it looks like there isnt much variety to learn on... I'm fine with long sweeping corners its the rest of them I need most help with :P I wish the silverstone one was on this date as thats £70 cheaper, closer to me, and looks like it provides more variety. Is Brands more varied/interesting than it looks?

Also, just looked at my bank balance and paying £450 right now is going to mean I'm absolutely skint by the end of this month lol still very tempted though..

Edited by chris128

Guest philgale

i will only go to brands if it was a GP day, if it was a double with the indy track then that will do :D

gonna do CSS next year, this years budget is going on almeria in november :D

just been watching a few videos of the brands hatch indy circuit and well... it looks so short! Dont you get bored of just going round the same 4 corners? They all look like fairly similar corners as well, just long sweeping ones (probably not in real life but thats what they all look like on the videos) - it looks like there isnt much variety to learn on... I'm fine with long sweeping corners its the rest of them I need most help with :P I wish the silverstone one was on this date as thats £70 cheaper, closer to me, and looks like it provides more variety. Is Brands more varied/interesting than it looks?

There's a reason why people go back time and time again even though it's so expensive, Brands is brilliant!

Videos don't really show it but once your on track you realise how undulating it is, much like Cadwell. The corners might look the same but I can tell you, you take them all differently and each have there own characteristics that you need to take into account. Oh and Brands is worth the visit for Paddock Hill bend alone IMO.

I know it's short, but I would rather practice CSS techniques on 5 corners, rather than trying to perfect 20 in a day, at least for level 1 anyway.

I better not be, or I'm holding you personally responsible :lol:

you think its a good idea to do the track day on the evening of the next day (so just 4 sessions) at cadwell to put things into practice that I've learnt? Just wondering if I'm gonna be too tired after the school and the 4 hours of travelling back home thats all.

:shock: Me?!?

To be honest I think you'll buzzing to try out what you've learnt on your favourite circuit, you won't care if you feel a little tired. You read some of the stories on TDR where people only manage 2 hrs kip before a TD and they manage alright. Book up Caddy on the next day :wink: If I could I would be straight there!

I can't wait, gonna be a wicked day I reckon! I'll have a shiney 09 ZX6R from Lady Snoots to play with too :cheers:

Just need Phil to book up now :wink:

haha yeah, come on phil keep up :)

Damn I just found out my dad is gonna be away on that date so I probably wont be able to stay at his house... there's no way im getting up at 4 AM and driving down there on the morning so do you know of any good places to stay nearby that would have room for a bike trailer as well? EDIT: Actually, can you camp over at the track?

Also, I agree I think I'll definitely want to do the cadwell track day the following day, but just trying to decide if I should do the full day or just the evening... If I drive home straight after the school then I should get home for about 9:30 (assuming the school finishes at 5 PM ish) so would be able to get an early night and head to Cadwell first thing in the morning, hmmm.

This is gonna be a bloody expensive month lol I've already spent over £500 on having stuff done to the track bike and on doing a few track days

Edited by chris128

• 4 weeks later...

i did mine on the 10th aswell! what bike was you on if you dont mind me asking chris? i had rental bike 38 :)

really loved the day can highly recommend it to anyone! you learn quite a bit and was nice to have my first bike track day in a slightly more controlled learning environment :) booking up level 2 soon!

edit: looking at your sig i dont suppose you was the guy unlucky that day and crashed? hope everything was ok!

Edited by T180985

i did mine on the 10th aswell! what bike was you on if you dont mind me asking chris? i had rental bike 38 :)

really loved the day can highly recommend it to anyone! you learn quite a bit and was nice to have my first bike track day in a slightly more controlled learning environment :) booking up level 2 soon!

edit: looking at your sig i dont suppose you was the guy unlucky that day and crashed? hope everything was ok!

haha yeah unfortunately I was the idiot that crashed at Paddock Hill bend. Glad to hear you had a good time though :) I did still enjoy the day despite the crash. Shame me and Dan (netmeister) didnt know you were going to be there beforehand as we could have met up. Let us know how level 2 goes when you do that :)