Anyone been to Le Mans?

Steve365

Evenin'

It's the big Four Oh this year (as in Oh, how did that happen?!) and I'm planning a trip to Le Mans with my bro to watch the MotoGP.

Thinking about booking it via someone who sorts the whole lot out (as frankly, I'm too lazy :) ).

Anyone else done it? Any hints/tips etc gratefully appreciated........

Ta

YEP, Done lemans 4 year ago. if you ride down, book it yourself and stop in a formula 1 hotel, cheap but well worth the money. Alencon is not far from the track and you will find a formula 1 to stay. but the ride into the track in the morning is fantastic, with all the bikes parading to the locals as they clap and cheer.

If you do go by bike, make sure you book secure bike parking, its easier to get in and out (and more secure of coarse) but you must take your log book as they wont let you out ! the ride out after the meet is amazing, miles and miles of bike crazy french ( nearly called em frogs) flashing tits from the bridges and jeering for a wheelie or three.

do it its a 40ish treat.

come on rossi, do stoner one more time :up:

I went to Mugello for my 40th, unbelievable time. Le Mans is great too, only done the 24 hours though. Plenty of camping if you're into it. I was thinking of going this year also, about a 7 hour journey for me but the wife pointed out that I'm skint lol. So just Assen this year and a trip to Blighty.

As per my thread im planning on going to Le Mans for the GP with a couple of mates. As none of us have ever been abroad before we thought it might be a slightly easier trip than Assen or Nurburgring. Will probably ride down Saturday and home on Monday.

Le Mans is great too, only done the 24 hours though. Plenty of camping if you're into it.

Where is there to camp as so far I haven't been able to find anywhere.

As per my thread im planning on going to Le Mans for the GP with a couple of mates. As none of us have ever been abroad before we thought it might be a slightly easier trip than Assen or Nurburgring. Will probably ride down Saturday and home on Monday.

Le Mans is great too, only done the 24 hours though. Plenty of camping if you're into it.

Where is there to camp as so far I haven't been able to find anywhere.

I camped next to the circuit, they just open up fields and charge you for a place, not really official camping sites. Assen is easier and in my opinion much more fun, check out " Nacht van Assen" on youtube

Never went there but I can give you a couple of tips.

Respect limitation speed: in france, there are not so many camera but lot s of hidden cops. You will also notice that lots of biker say hello by doing a V (the F^^ck, but the other round). The guy who doesn t say hello on his bike there he considered as a ass :booty: .

A friend went there a couple of years ago and told me you have a big field nearby where all bikers are sleeping. But he told me " don t expect to sleep"... let you guess... :angel12:

If you need any help (pass a phone call, do a booking there, MP). I ll be happy to help.

The "Crazy" Froggy :lol:

Never went there but I can give you a couple of tips.

Respect limitation speed: in france, there are not so many camera but lot s of hidden cops. You will also notice that lots of biker say hello by doing a V (the F^^ck, but the other round). The guy who doesn t say hello on his bike there he considered as a ass :booty: .

A friend went there a couple of years ago and told me you have a big field nearby where all bikers are sleeping. But he told me " don t expect to sleep"... let you guess... :angel12:

If you need any help (pass a phone call, do a booking there, MP). I ll be happy to help.

The "Crazy" Froggy :lol:

Merci :)

Anyone who's going and wants to hook up whilst they're there, send me a PM.....