front brake problem , do i need to bleed them

Takanta

Hi all , I havnt ridden this bike yet so I dunno if it should be like this lol

anyway i needed my front brake master cylinder changed , which i let my dad and his m8 do for me. and according to them they blead the brakes also , but im not really sure if they done it properly or not?

as there doesnt seem like theres enough movement between no brake applied to fully applied , looks a tad dangerous haha . anyway i made a video for people to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gP2PMU8AU

hi dan , yea it does stop the bike , I just thought that the lever would come further back than that for the brake to be fully applied if you know what I mean? so that you don't go flying over the handlebars haha

I understand what you mean mate. But if the lever came to the bars, and you needed to brake harder for some reason ... it'd have nowhere to go would it!! You'd be squeezin ... and saying 'oh sheeeeeeeeeiiitttttt!!!!!!!'

Or similar ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yeah.

My little 125 supprised me when i first took it out, the breaks seemed very short/stiff when i first started going around on the bike around some quiet streets but i quickly found out that as you get the speed up you need to pull harder to get the same effect at higher speeds.

I guess its just different breaking systems have different feels, some of the breaks on cars i have driven have been night and day (some almost to sharp to drive comfortably, most certainly would not like to ride a bike like that heh...).

Best regards

-Chris Jvr