Riding in groups

wannars125

I've done plenty of riding on my old 125 but I'm still getting used this new bike and ive only done 2 group rides and the last one was at the the weekend and I think there great cause I can follow others and learn from them and other people tell you where you go wrong etc..

General rule of thumb should be larger the group the slower the ride. This is because as the group gets bigger the riders at the back have to work harder to keep up and end up riding a lot faster at times than the leaders.

So some very basic rules of thumb.

Slowest riders should be closest to the front and more experienced riders should be middle and rear.

The bigger the group the slower the leaders should ride

I hate riding in groups, small rideouts are ok but larger groups are a ballache, even moreso if you dont know the people you are riding with so its something I tend to avoid.

Its a reason I dont do charity rides protests etc!

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to watch out for on bigger ride-outs when you're on a dual carriageway or a motorway, passing an exit, is complete tw@ts in cars cutting into the group dangerously close to riders to get to the exit.

I usually ride on my own, however do the odd 2 or 3, once did a large group, never again. They were too quick for a large bunch.