Tinybikerchick is peed off!

Guest Tinybikerchick

So today, the sun is shining, its nice and warm, not a cloud in the sky, so I thinks to myself, I know, I'll de winter the bike! I take the cover off, i dust her down, unlock her, put the key in the ignition she turns over, and turns over and ..........................................NO VROOM! I mean not a peep, it's not the battery because she's not clicking like a flat battery does. Shes only been there since November (when she had a brand new battery) I really really wanted to go out on her today, and I cant, I have to start work at 2, my other half (is a mechanic) will look at her when he has time, but he's a busy chappy, and dont like to hasstle him, I oculd have cried, I thought it was all going so well!

Any ideas? The fuel is on and I have plenty! The sun is taunting me, I want to play!

Shit fuel in the injection system or carbs. Keep at it, it will go. On and off with the choke and keep trying, it will go :D

ps...try not to flatten battery.

pps. this post was typed by Vicki and dictated by Stu :D

Just put mine on charge after not using her for about 6 weeks (I really must get an optimizer) Gonna go for a run to Brid' tomorrow to blow off the cobwebs and get her ready for my first rally of the season at Burnley next weekend. 8)

so keep trying then, I'm just waiting for my baking to finish I can do it now YAY thatnks, will report back!

Good luck, we are just off out for quick ride to Seaways.

Let us know :D

Guest markchris

I think modern fuels don't take too kindly To being left unused, thats why I start mine at least every couple of weeks and let the bikerun until good and warm, never had a problem doing that.

Good chance yours may bump off, as posted earlier.

Shit fuel in the injection system or carbs. Keep at it, it will go. On and off with the choke and keep trying, it will go :D

ps...try not to flatten battery.

pps. this post was typed by Vicki and dictated by Stu :D

Nice to see you in charge Stu where you belong mate.....hope you have vicki making the tea :wink:

wudnt it be easier if at winter u drained ur tank n let the bike run dry? that way it would stop the petrol shittin up ur carb?

Might be better if you just carried on riding it. We have had decent enough days over the winter to justify getting out for the odd run here n there.

I've manged to run in me new Gixxer since I got it late November - over 1000 miles on now & ready to go.

:)

Not that easy for me to, suffer real bad from the cold.

Cant concentrate and start to go stiff and shaky (not good).

Im even cold in the summer :(

Guest Ninja-Bear
Not that easy for me to, suffer real bad from the cold.

Cant concentrate and start to go stiff and shaky (not good).

Im even cold in the summer :(

Yeh Dianes like that, she likes the heat and hates the slightest sign of cold, where as I am more hardy....probably cos I have more body fat :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know you've got some juice in the battery, BUT get an optimizer!!

Can save you a load of hassle, they're only £40 aswell...

Hope you've sorted it :D

I got her going, it was just dry carbs etc. I have real bad circulation so should avoid getting too cold. The grin on my face would not dissapear the whole time I was at work :D bring on the rest of the sunny days!