took off at lights like on 1 cylinder

skikman

took the bike out today and all was well.done about 30 miles stoped at lights and it took off as if it was on only 1 cylinder.i say this because it went the same one time a spark plug cap came off.lucky i was in my home town so nursed it home.took off one plug and turned it over.the bike started and the plug out was sparking.its a 2 cylinder 4 stroke by the way.i cleaned the carbs out 2 weeks ago.any ideas?

take the other plug out and check that is sparking too.

if so its a fuel issue. back to them carbs....

just re-read you took one plug out which was sparking, and the engine was running.. well sparks are fine, its defo fuel related

just re-read you took one plug out which was sparking, and the engine was running.. well sparks are fine, its defo fuel related

i had the tank off to give it more coats of paint prob shock up some dirt. f**k that must have had carbs off `10 times now. thanks ill let you know how i get on.

i had the tank off to give it more coats of paint prob shock up some dirt. f**k that must have had carbs off `10 times now. thanks ill let you know how i get on.

get a 2quid inline filter and fit it in the fuel line.

get a 2quid inline filter and fit it in the fuel line.

bollocks!bike went well last night after i sprayed carb cleaner in through where the air filter goes. started the bike this morning to go to work and the same thing.took the carbs and cleaned again.all jets clear can see through them,fuel lines clear running free,no air leaks on manifold,spark to plugs ok.what the f**k could it be.any ideas?

bollocks!bike went well last night after i sprayed carb cleaner in through where the air filter goes. started the bike this morning to go to work and the same thing.took the carbs and cleaned again.all jets clear can see through them,fuel lines clear running free,no air leaks on manifold,spark to plugs ok.what the f**k could it be.any ideas?

check the vacuum pipe/breather could be blocked. so its stopping fuel getting through.

my GSX sounded like a harley tractor when I had moved the tank and not knowingly disconnected the vacuum pipe,. until it ran out of fuel in the line and stopped (no overpressure to feed fuel down the line..) stooped at the road had a look at the pipes and one was off....