Home Servicing

softwarez

I am going to service my bike shortly. I am going to do the following: Oil change, Oil filter change, Spark plug's changed and air filter cleaned.

Firstly, in my 'Service' manual it states I need to Apply 'Suzuki Super Grease "A"' (99000-25010). What on earth is this? lol. Is there any alternative to the super duper grease? :)

Thanks.

P.S - How do I apply 'Oil' as the book states to the Clutch Cable? drop a tad down the sleeve?

I am going to service my bike shortly. I am going to do the following: Oil change, Oil filter change, Spark plug's changed and air filter cleaned.

Firstly, in my 'Service' manual it states I need to Apply 'Suzuki Super Grease "A"' (99000-25010). What on earth is this? lol. Is there any alternative to the super duper grease? :)

Thanks.

P.S - How do I apply 'Oil' as the book states to the Clutch Cable? drop a tad down the sleeve?

get a cable oiler, bout a fiver...

and where does this super grease go?? i use different greases depending on where/what they for...

white lithium grease/wax - chain in winter, pivot points (pegs /stands) and seat lock mechanism

copper grease - bolts /studs

red grease - bearings etc

clutch cable.... remember other cables too, speedo, tacho, throttle, choke etc..

How do those cable oilers work?

I will be doing all the other cables too. I just mentioned the Clutch cable as an example :)

The 'Super Grease' is said to be used on the following:

Clutch Lever Holder

Side-stand pivot and spring hook

Gearshift lever pivot and footrest pivot

Center-stand pivot and spring hook

Brake lever holder

Brake pedal pivot and foot-rest pivot

and 'Oil' (Use engine oil less stated otherwise) for the following:

Clutch Cable

Throttle Cables

What would you suggest to use for what components? (I have a few cans of WD-40 if that is useful?).

P.S - anything else which the manual doesn't mention and I should do?

Cheers :)

I use white lithium wax comes in an aerosol from halfrods (own brand is about £5) for sidestand and lever pivots, also use it on the hinges of the car doors..

724526.jpg.b3f55f8737437690f8c26c7e20ab1221.jpg

cable oilers are simple you clamp the cable then insert the straw from an oil aerosol, and squirt, i found with the throttle i just squirted oil into the throtlle grip channel and let gravity do its work...

dirtbike_cable_oiler__1_(1).jpg.9d5d85abe885c61aaabfbddecae2cd51.jpg

wd 40 is great for electrics but i would use something more lasting , and wd40 will chase any oil out, so it looks like its good but in fact it is bad...

I will pop in tomorrow and pick a can up :). So, if WD40 is not a good idea.. what should I use to lube the Clutch cable etc?

P.S - Should I lube wires then..? WD40 is no good for this, what would work? - The grease aswell?

Cheers.

wd40 is good for wires and electrical connections, but not cables. cables move wires don't.

general 3-1 oil is okay, for cables, or just a general oil, i use the same oil for cables as I do the chain. (scottoil,... only cause i have 2 bottles and no oiler)

no worries,

but whilst you have the spray etc think what else could do with attention, don't just oil/grease from a list...

Yeah I'd love to do everything which is possible.. I just hope I dont end up going crazy lubricating things which do not need lubricating... trust me to lubricate the kill switch button lol! ;)

Basically, lubricate any metal on metal objects which move?

Also, I'm sure you would know. Are the clutch and throttle cables on the GSX750F teflon skinned or not?

Cheers.

Also, I'm sure you would know. Are the clutch and throttle cables on the GSX750F teflon skinned or not?

???????????????????? dunno, but doubt it, and depending on the age of the bike i doubt they are original OEM more likely cheap aftermarket.