98 Ron - Can I?

softwarez

I read in my service manual that 95 Ron and above is to be used for my Suzuki GSX750F - However, Im such a fussy one that I dont want to put it in until I ask here! lol!

Would it be okay to run my bike on 98 Ron or similar fuel? As I want to run it once or twice in a blue moon as I heard it have added cleaning additives

yes you can.

The manual specifies the lowest RON Rating for a fuel (RON is an indication of a fuels resitance to pre-ignition, i.e. ignighting during the compression stroke of an engine before being triggered by the spark). Therfore any fuel of higher RON rating will be safe.

If you were to run a lower RON rated fuel you may get pre-ignition or 'pinking' (old fuels 2,3,4 star etc used have RON ratings of 85 and above).

Do a search on here for fuel, or search my posts for fuel and you will soon come up with some good gen!

yes you can.

The manual specifies the lowest RON Rating for a fuel (RON is an indication of a fuels resitance to pre-ignition, i.e. ignighting during the compression stroke of an engine before being triggered by the spark). Therfore any fuel of higher RON rating will be safe.

If you were to run a lower RON rated fuel you may get pre-ignition or 'pinking' (old fuels 2,3,4 star etc used have RON ratings of 85 and above).

Do a search on here for fuel, or search my posts for fuel and you will soon come up with some good gen!

Thanks! I will do a search, much appreciated!!