Clothing To Match Your Bike / Anyone Got These Leathers?

In your opinion, is this a no-no?

Either just matching the colours (Red bike and black / red leathers).

Or, a Daytona 675 with Triumph leathers? Not ideal if you sell your bike i guess?

:cheers:

Edited by MWillow

When i got my first bike in 2001 it was red so bought a red coat to match,since then i have had a green blue and black bike still got the red jacket as its warm and waterproof

You should really buy black gear... its quicker you know :thumb: :mrgreen:

Personally speaking, I don't, I'd be changing gear every 12 months if I matched em up. That'd work out expensive :shock:

I got a black and white textile jacket last time. I love it, but the white went grey right away and it's a bitch to clean. I went with black leather this time (for a black bike), but think it will work everywhere better than matching exactly.

I have blue/black gear and a silver bike, but then also wear arctic camo with a white hoody.....

get whatever you want, but its cheaper to colour co-ordinate with a team fleece, also throw fleece in the washer to keep your leathers, fly-free.

Its a big no no for me. I mean, if i saw a bike that just happened to match my leathers and it was a good bike, the colour thing wouldn't put me off. But i'd never buy a bike/leathers purposefully to match! lol. Power rangers, ftl....

If you're willing to spend that much on leathers, nothing against HG but get a 'proper' brand like RST or something. For that price you may as well look cool too, which HG is not. It's solid stuff though, I have a textile jacket by them which is great.

Proper like 'RST'?

I beg to differ.

I do not have those leathers mate, but all my kit is HG. Both my leathers and my textiles. I didn't just go and buy HG, I have arrived at HG stuff after 12 years of trying evertything else. Getting cold and wet. Having stitching come undone. Generally poor or shoddy workmanship from cheaper alternatives.

In my personal opinion, you get a lot for your money when you buy HG stuff.

Obviously other makes are out there. If you have a decent budget, then buy the best you can afford.

Like I said I have HG gear and it's great, but given the money I would go for something else.

Best trick is to find a good bargain on the net and then go try it on in the store. I got my HG jacket for £80, a good £60 off the store price. ;)

Tried some of the RST Fusion and Razor leathers on today.... They seemed quite nice, the leather seemed to be a bit thicker and not as soft as the HG ones.... I suppose they will just take a bit longer to stretch / fit me properly.

They were half the price of the HG PSX Competition ones too :?..... And they look a bit cooler 8-)

Wanted to try the Alpinestars Monza 2 Piece but they didn't fit in the sizes they had available (seem to be a smaller fitting).

Any other 2 piece suit worth trying? (I'm 6' 3" and a lanky fooker :roll: )