SERIOUS MAHEM Mod 2 Practice

Hi,

I decided to go practice in the area of Penzance where my Test will be at the same time and day and time as my real one in a few weeks .... I was not concerned because I can ride pretty well.

But after today I am a little concerned :shock:

Cars parked all over the double yellows and double parked through the town,People just Ambling in the road,scooters Under take you as you try sticking to the speed limit.

People just Decided to Unload Carpets From one side of the main street to another Dodging in and out of the traffic, after seeing a crossing light Go yellow then red, I was slowing down as a car and another scooter just shot through the red lights cutting me up as I was slowing.

It was worse on the dual carriage ways as I was trying to keep to the 50 limit and felt like a rolling road block as Nearly everyone squeezed past me and CUT ME UP.

My question is ... When I am out RIding I cope with all this and ride according to the situatiion but ON my test I will Have to obey all the rules while all others Dont .

DO the examiners Take all this into account on the TEST ?

Hi mate,

I passed my Mod 2 a week ago and I was worried about the same thing. On my test, some guy nearly smashed into the side of me from a junction, but i anticipated the danger, checked my mirrors and slowed down....as i predicted he came flying out onto my side of the road, saw me and skidded to stop (but by then already on my side). I had seen him a mile off, so just stopped, waited for him to sort his life out and then I checked my mirrors, blind spot and off I went.

The instructor is looking for you to ride safely. He knows that the road is full of kn*bheads, but it's how you anticipate the danger. If a car causes you to do something crazy that was not your fault, he will not punish you. You just need to make sure you don't do anything dangerous and make a car (or anyone) suddenly change their planned course of action.

Ride safely, look ahead and spot potential hazards. Check your mirrors a lot and make it obvious you are checking them. Get the life savers done and SEEN to be done. Finally...make sure you double check the indicator is switched off after the turn, as its dangerous to other road users if they think you might be turning, but you're not.

Best of luck. Relax and enjoy it. Talk to yourself out loud in your helmet while you are on the test - don't worry no-one can hear ya!. "Need to watch my speed, its a 30 here", "Need to remember to check over my should before switching lanes", "Have i turned off my indicator?".....

..You get the idea.

Joey.

Thanks Joey that sort of makes me feel better :shock: although It is only when I started Sticking to the exact speed limits That I realised how Vunrable you become Because these days everyone see's you as a hazard to get around or pull out in front of once you reduce speed to the limits !

Adrian

My instructor told me he wants to see, and the tester wants to see, "a pleasing use of speed". I.e.32mph in a 30 zone. Less likely to get people wanting to overtake you when they look at the speedo and see they're already on or just over the limit.

My instructor told me he wants to see, and the tester wants to see, "a pleasing use of speed". I.e.32mph in a 30 zone. Less likely to get people wanting to overtake you when they look at the speedo and see they're already on or just over the limit.

Be careful I kept the the speed limit on my test, and was penalised two minors for not taking into account the rain on a motorway! Honestly, I had the choice of hanging around lorries at 60 or doing 70 in the middle lane and clearing the traffic. I couldn't have argued, but because he passed me I didn't (not that he would have changed his mind on the matter).