My old edz base layer is now well past it, the neck is torn and it stinks.

Can anyone recomend a good all year round base layer, preferably a good one that wicks sweat away from the skin and keep you cool in the summer and one that helps as a thermal layer in the winter. Like I say, I`ve tried Edz and it`s torn so I want to try another brand. Could go up to about £70 (been saving my change :D ) One piece would be better as the top won`t ride up

not too experienced with motorbike specific base layers, but i've used Hally Hansen base layers for skiing a lot - they don't get too warm in summer either.

Other than that, all i wear is sports base layers that aren't designed for warmth at all, just for the sweat dispersal.

I have ronhills/tracksters as a trouser base layer, and a Helly Hansen running top, both have survived nearly 4 years of use.. the added advantage with tracksters is the leg loop which stops them riding up, when you slide into your trousers.. have a look in "blacks" or "millets"

I use my ski base layers too. They're designed to do pretty much the same thing. Keep you cool when it's warm, keep you warm when it's cool, wick moisture away from the skin and stop your outer layers from chafing.

Bought mine from Decathlon.

Guest akey

I have and EDZ race one, all in one. But also have used 'danger rocks' 'tog24' and 'hellyhanson' all are good, tend to have stuff all the time because of work!!!

I`ve gone for a "Revit Excellerator Sports Undersuit" at £72. I figure if I`m going to be riding a lot (like I do) in summer and winter then it`s no good getting stuff that falls apart after a couple of months. It`s false economy. Hopefully it should last a year or more. Now all I need is a thinner, more comfortable back protector and I`m pretty much kitted out for a few years :D